real time web analytics
Report - - Barton Arcade / Victoria Undercroft - August 2013 | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Barton Arcade / Victoria Undercroft - August 2013

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Miner69er

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ok so here is my first official post i guess here goes...
So i went for a look around Barton Arcade underground by myself, at first i went down and had a look in the main entrance area
but however i was shortly stopped by a member of staff asking what i was doing down there however he didn't have that big a problem since i said i was just taking photos and stuff.
anyways a little history about the place (even though i think this has been covered before)

Barton Arcade was once used as an Air Raid shelter during Manchester's Christmas Blitz where many people up to i think 1500 people stayed during the heavy bombing, and now it's just mainly used for storage from the different stores above, not much to be seen really with most of the good stuff boarded up and alarmed (that's probably what alerted the member of staff in the first place now i think of it) but anyways i had a good twenty minutes or so down there pondering around snapping photos and just imagining what it was like for all them people there during the war.
anyways here's the meat and potatoes.

DSC_0751_zps1768f2f0.jpg

Stairs going down into the undercroft, you can still makeout the victorian era structure

DSC_0755_zpsefb6127c.jpg

Some old arches and stuff

DSC_0756_zpsfbac70b2.jpg

Creepy storage area

DSC_0758_zps02ea7cf1.jpg

DSC_0759_zpsc220e39a.jpg

Creepy assed manakin (this thing scared the crap out of me when the lights were off)

DSC_0760_zps34ad6d77.jpg

One of the said alarmed doors in the back there

DSC_0761_zpsb358ac81.jpg

DSC_0763_zps2d053c2a.jpg

DSC_0766_zps9012ea72.jpg

DSC_0768_zps5b5ceae4.jpg

Another creepy manakin, this one just scared the crap out of me because i didn't know it was there lol

DSC_0772_zps6a20b9d8.jpg

That's all for now, thanks for looking everyone :)

Who has read this thread (Total: 5) View details