real time web analytics
Report - - Belvoir Park Hospital, Belfast - June 2014 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Belvoir Park Hospital, Belfast - June 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Ulsterman

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Taking the advice of a few other members after my first visit, I returned to Belvoir armed with a proper camera and a better sense of direction.

This time I visited with two non-members.

Belvoir Park Hospital which opened in 1906, was originally known as Purdysburn Fever Hospital and later Montgomery House, before being renamed Belvoir Park Hospital in the 1960s. It was the main regional centre for oncology offering radiotherapy and chemotherapy, until cancer treatments were transferred to Belfast City Hospital. Belvoir finally closed in 2006. As of five days ago it has been sold to a property developer with plans for residential dwellings on the site.

Belvoir has been reported on a few earlier occasions, the last seems to have been in 2010 when security was tightened following the discovery of patient's documents scattered around the place. As you can see when compared with previous reports, such as http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/asylums-hospitals/31708-belvoir-park-hospital-belfast-14-06-08-a.html , you can see that the condition has deteriorated a fair bit, all of the equipment has been removed and the power has been switched off.

Our torch mysteriously disappeared, and with many of the windows boarded, many of these photos were shots into the darkness and I had no idea what I'd find until I reviewed them.

I'll let the photos do the talking I think :P

035_zps12ec2957.jpg

018_zps9daa799d.jpg

066_zps3590e62d.jpg

096_zps8bdde9bf.jpg

087_zps07236a61.jpg

084_zps24a26b26.jpg

059_zps809cce63.jpg

048_zpsce006180.jpg

038_zpsa8b4f945.jpg

036_zps5a9215c9.jpg

011_zps5fa6a558.jpg

013_zps3ad36a4a.jpg

008_zps8373091e.jpg

027_zps66b985f8.jpg

021_zpsa3ae7441.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

Last edited:

ZerO81

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Some decent shots there considering the lack of torch.

Can you please add summer history to the report though please :thumb

Lucyspell

28DL Member
28DL Member
Some decent shots there considering the lack of torch.

Can you please add summer history to the report though please :thumb

Very touched and emotional on coming across these photos.
I was one of the last nurses to qualify as Registered Fever Nurse at this hospital. The memories come flooding back. I remember the hospital in full swing, busy clean wards full of children and babies.

This hospital is an important part of history and should be preserved as much as is possible.

Remembering the joys and heartaches of work there.
Lucy

Speed

Got Epic?
Regular User
Did you get into any of the older parts? These were much better than the cancer unit which I think is where these photos ate from?

cybermega

28DL Member
28DL Member
Great shots Ulsterman! - I have long wanted to explore this place to, as i visited and stayed over regularly in the nurses halls at the rear of the hospital for over 2 years, my other half was training to be a nurse and this was her place of residence for some time - If you ever wish to go back and explore the nurses halls at the rear, please PM me and I would love to meet up :)

DaveT

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Very touched and emotional on coming across these photos.
I was one of the last nurses to qualify as Registered Fever Nurse at this hospital. The memories come flooding back. I remember the hospital in full swing, busy clean wards full of children and babies.

This hospital is an important part of history and should be preserved as much as is possible.

Remembering the joys and heartaches of work there.
Lucy
I was there till 1959, recovering from TB. I am 62 next week.... Clearly looked after very well.

SOA

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Spent many a day/night in here years ago, the underground WW2 tunnels are THEE best explore i have been on to date and think only Paris is going to topple it for me.

Great to hear from the nurse and the patient and yeah must have looked after you well indeed :)

Any updates on this site? Heard its pretty much a no go now with PIR and PTZ cameras all over! Also that the security send police straight away...no security driver first?

Irockz

28DL Member
28DL Member
Spent many a day/night in here years ago, the underground WW2 tunnels are THEE best explore i have been on to date and think only Paris is going to topple it for me.

Great to hear from the nurse and the patient and yeah must have looked after you well indeed :)

Any updates on this site? Heard its pretty much a no go now with PIR and PTZ cameras all over! Also that the security send police straight away...no security driver first?

It seems to be currently owned by the "Rivers Agency" - a public organization - so I imagine it would be a no go, shamefully. This was the location I wanted to visit most, such a shame it's so pointlessly heavily guarded nowadays.

Ulsterman

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It was quite heavily guarded the couple of times I was in there, they upped the security a lot after the whole documents thing in whatever year that was, I was pretty young, remember reading about it in the Irish News, never thought I'd ever actually end up going into the place!

Ive been away out of the country at Uni pretty much since, I think they've demolished most of the bits I was in now, unfortunately. Real shame as it was such a lovely location.