real time web analytics
Report - - Blacksmith arms, uttoxeter, september 2020 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Blacksmith arms, uttoxeter, september 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Spida

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I saw this abandoned pub awhile ago so while i was in the area i decided to pop in and have a look.
im more of a video person so i'm sorry about the pictures. i just can't seem to get the light right for the pics.
anyway so this is Blacksmith's arms

A car smashed into one wing of the pub in 2009. This was rebuilt but a succession of owners failed to make a success of the pub and it closed in 2012. There was a planning application submitted in 2014 to convert the pub into two dwellings and build further barn-conversion style dwellings on the rest of the site, however as of September 2020 the pub remains boarded up and has not been converted.

There's still some nice things left behind

a few from the bar

even where they kept the beer there was still stuff there

and here's some pics from around the building

i enjoyed the little walk around that i had here

thanks for looking

Spida

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It's quite nice for a pub this one. You can get all the bar lights on if you have a fiddle around - helps with the lighting for sure!
Thanks for popping in bud, I expected it to be in a bad state so was very surprised in how it was inside.
I didn't think to try the lights bud. I got a mate who would love a nose around here. I'll go back soon and hopefully do a better job with the pictures but thanks bud.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
For abandonment of 8 yrs this has held up pretty well. Im surprised there isnt any graff or real damage. Looks like a pretty big pub. Im surprised no squatters have been in there.
Looks like booze was left too? Your shots are pretty good, dont put yourself down, we are an exploring forum, not photographic forum. :thumb

Spida

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
For abandonment of 8 yrs this has held up pretty well. Im surprised there isnt any graff or real damage. Looks like a pretty big pub. Im surprised no squatters have been in there.
Looks like booze was left too? Your shots are pretty good, dont put yourself down, we are an exploring forum, not photographic forum. :thumb
Thanks for popping in
There was some glasses on the bar with funky stuff growing. I never checked the kegs tbh but saw a few unopened cans around.
I was surprised it wasn't trashed as that's all I'm finding lately
Also thanks for your other comments and that you think my pictures are cool. I will try and get some better quality ones as I had to delete a few as they was blurry.

Airfix

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
As previously noted surprisingly in good shape considering. Well photographed.

Imba

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Wow, love how untouched this looks! Very sad to see another pub closed though, hopefully can reopen under new ownership at some point and isn't converted...

Who has read this thread (Total: 202) View details