real time web analytics
Report - - Bletchley Park - July 2015 | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Bletchley Park - July 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Six

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
History -
"Bletchley Park was the central site for Britain's codebreakers during World War II. Run by the Government Code and Cypher School (GC&CS), it regularly penetrated the secret communications of the Axis Powers – most importantly the German Enigma and Lorenzciphers. The official historian of World War II British Intelligence has written that the "Ultra" intelligence produced at Bletchley shortened the war by two to four years, and that without it the outcome of the war would have been uncertain."

Explore -
I never actually visited Bletchley with the intention of exploring the derelict parts. I actually just wanted to go to the Museum and it wasn't until I pulled into the car park that I realised that any of it was still derelict. I'm absolutely and 100% obsessed with anything WW2 related specifically things relating to intelligence, SOE and the resistance movements. With that comes my obsession with Alan Turing and his work during the war. (it's an absolute travesty what this country did to him to say thank you).
I never made it into the museum (and still haven't been!!) as the second I saw the derelict buildings, I was in and history-gasming all over the place.

_DSC1762_zpsawzbezxl.jpg

_DSC1751_zpsk9lsnm64.jpg

_DSC1750_zps5vtqoqfg.jpg

_DSC1737_zps5l64n1qg.jpg

_DSC1728_zpsst0htntg.jpg

_DSC1725_zpsvons0wco.jpg

_DSC1717_zpsnl96kiwz.jpg

_DSC1714_zpstixfbvp6.jpg

_DSC1708_zps3qpj05qo.jpg

_DSC1707_zps5tyutfow.jpg

_DSC1709_zps2wxz2m6m.jpg

_DSC1753_zpszn00wvdl.jpg