real time web analytics
Report - - Bottesford Train Station Building Feb2017 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Bottesford Train Station Building Feb2017

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Spoddo

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hello all!

Here's another little post of a place that doesn't crop up elsewhere. It's far from an amazing site - completely burnt out and hardly special. That being said, pretty untouched and I found it interesting seeing how some rooms had plants growing in them. It killed a bit of time for me and a friend while we waited for someone else to turn up to go and see a proper site; so thought I'd put it here. The little shed attached had some quite cool bits and bobs in as well. Can't even say I know what this building was for, maybe someone on here might have a better guess than me?

Here's a brief history of the station lifted off wikipedia:
"The station is located on the line first opened by the Ambergate, Nottingham, Boston and Eastern Junction Railway in 1850 and taken over by the Great Northern Railway.[1]

The station buildings were designed by Thomas Chambers Hine."
33172963332_c3ba359835_c.jpg

33182557771_b5128e84e4_c.jpg

33310375335_925b079e27_c.jpg
33182568731_bfc4945bb7_c.jpg
33182589101_ccad454f6f_h.jpg
33310375725_46603cff86_c.jpg
32495995163_d1f09b3675_h.jpg

33310373745_bd13ca1dbf_h.jpg

You could say it was riveting ;) But it really wasn't.... hope the post wasn't too dull - thanks for viewing!

WildBoyz

Is this the future?
28DL Full Member
Looks alright for what it is. I'd suggest getting yourself a decent torch though, to help light up your interior shots a bit.

Spoddo

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Looks alright for what it is. I'd suggest getting yourself a decent torch though, to help light up your interior shots a bit.
Yeah me and my friend hadn't planned this one, I just remembered it was in the area - I've got one or two I use for proper explores. But you're right, it was seriously dark in there! Thanks all the same, thinking of getting one of the portable work light style ones that mounts on your camera.

Punk

Punkus Explorus
28DL Full Member
You're certainly getting out quite a bit. As mentioned before, get a decent torch. Lenser p7.2 is around £30 on Amazon, I swear by mine.
Good to see you pop up on the forum again :thumb

Spoddo

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yeah @KM_Punk - I've got a decent head torch (not with me on this one) but not a great light for photography. I'd looked at lensers, think I'll get the P7.2 or alternatively may get the Neewer CN-160 for my new 700D

Punk

Punkus Explorus
28DL Full Member
Yeah @KM_Punk - I've got a decent head torch (not with me on this one) but not a great light for photography. I'd looked at lensers, think I'll get the P7.2 or alternatively may get the Neewer CN-160 for my new 700D
I'd go for the lenser personally, easier to light paint with. So you're a Canon user :thumb

Spoddo

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I'd go for the lenser personally, easier to light paint with. So you're a Canon user :thumb
Awesome thanks, bit more portable as well haha! Yeah, always preferred canon myself, though up until now I've simply shot on an SX410-IS, which is a good bridge, but the 700D will be much better!

Punk

Punkus Explorus
28DL Full Member
I did have a Nikon d3100 (don't judge me), but last year I got a Canon 750d. It's much more user friendly and the processer is vastly superior. Lenses are cheaper as well.
The p7.2 comes with a pouch to attach to you're bag or belt which is handy