real time web analytics
Report - - Bradgate House Site & Old Stables - Groby Leicestershire Aug 2019 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Bradgate House Site & Old Stables - Groby Leicestershire Aug 2019

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

vw_golf_nutter

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Saw this place online and couldnt believe I never knew it was there! Decided to go and investigate....Sadly the original house was pulled down in 1926 and replaced by huge office blocks, still kinda nice buildings but nothing compared to what was originally there. There is a lovely old gatehouse which is pretty well boarded and didnt fancy climbing in windows.
The stables is super impressive, well whats left of it anyway, it has really been left to fall down which is a huge shame considering how important this site is to local History! There is a lot of scaffolding trying to hold it up bu it seems like it was put up many years ago and nothing has been done since.
This stables originally housed 50 horses belonging to the Earl of Stamford used for hunting. There were staff and accommodation for visitors.
I know a quarry company own the land now and not really sure what they plan to do with it, the offices have been empty for about 4 years I believe.
Would love to hear if anyone has been in the gatehouse!

DSC_0705.jpg

wm_DSC_0726.jpg

DSC_0714.jpg

DSC_0723.jpg

wm_DSC_0720.jpg

DSC_0743.jpg

DSC_0778.jpg

wm_DSC_0799.jpg

wm_DSC_0755.jpg