real time web analytics
Report - - Bridge House Hotel, Catterick - June 2016 | Leisure Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Bridge House Hotel, Catterick - June 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

D

Deleted member 77079

Excellent shots! Place looks amazing. I especially like the full pint, although it is likely someone did that just for the picture like you ;)

BrainL

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Looks a cracking place this!!! Cant believe the pumps still work haha Cheers for sharing :)

WildBoyz

Is this the future?
28DL Full Member
The second part of my post wasn't about you anyway, I was just explaining why some people don't like to share locations

If you'd bothered to read the report, you would have come across the part that said people have no obligation to share these places and that's absolutely fine. What I was implying was that if people really want to protect these places, they shouldn't post them all over Facebook in the first place.

Bright side

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I did read the report, it was more the personal attack on certain people that I noticed. The sourness in your tone because certain people won't 'bow down' to you

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
what i meant was certain locations are shared amongst certain circles and if your not in that circle you have no chance of visiting that place its kept in that circle

Yep. We do it here as well. Better get used to it because that's the way it is.

i thought urban exploring was a communty driven thing?

Yep, and keeping things within a circle is just an example of a smaller community.

I know, why don't we post every epic find straight into facebook. You still won't get to see them because they'll be burned or locked within hours.

WildBoyz

Is this the future?
28DL Full Member
I did read the report, it was more the personal attack on certain people that I noticed. The sourness in your tone because certain people won't 'bow down' to you

I take it you're one of the people I was referring to, given that you joined yesterday and haven't commented on anything other than this thread...

Comments like 'bowing down' to one another are completely out of context and irrelevant to this discussion. Just go and explore, this is purely a 'hobby' we find interesting, so stop taking it so seriously.

And lastly, if you want to protect sites, stop posting on Facebook and join a preservation society or something, or just keep your photos to yourself until the site eventually gets redeveloped or trashed etc.

Last edited:

tazong

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yep. We do it here as well. Better get used to it because that's the way it is.]

Thats great thats your perogative - let me ask you this - why is it if certain locations stay in a circle and are not named - yet if a every day member posts a place up - locations must be named - i.e no code names or just a rough idea of where the place is - is that not a contradiction of your own basic rules?
I know what the rules are here but how can you have one rule for one and a totally differnt rule for other folk?
If i was to post a great explore and not name the place - you would get lambasted for it and basically be told you must name the location yet you have just said some locations are not named so get used to it?
I am not having a go - just like i was not having a go from the begining but everything i have said has been taken out of context - i was simply making a comment on how some things seem in the community.
storm in a tea cup springs to mind.

WildBoyz

Is this the future?
28DL Full Member
@tazong Your predicament is understandable. If you continue exploring and expanding on what you explore, you'll find some of your reports might end up in the non-public area, where only users with a brown coloured username can view them. Just keep exploring and eventually you'll be able to view the other content too. There are still other 'secret' forums that smaller and close-knit users post on, to keep things between themselves. The upshot is, pubs and things like this aren't deemed non-public content generally, especially when the local idiots (not the explorers I was talking about in the report, before they start ;) ) have already been inside and started smashing the place up.

The main thing is that you enjoy exploring and just keep doing it. Forget about all the politics attached to it because you can easily end up in heated arguments (where things can easily fall out of context, especially in an online debate) with other users and it can spoil things for you a little bit. In a nutshell, the more you do, and the more people you meet, the more people will trust you and be willing to share the proper non-public stuff. It just depends how far you want to go with the whole thing.

Last edited:

tazong

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thank you fella - Thats a beautifully clear explanation of how things work so thank you for that. I really do enjoy the exploring and i do the love the community feel and i certainly do not want to get in to any arguments with anyone - i always try to be polite and respectful to everyone no matter what there views.
I sort of have come out the ring a little with the bell ringing as i do feel like i have been jabbed a fews times lol but to be honest i really am not sure why.
I am not here to upset anyone - i have a massive love and passion for this hobby and really am in it for the long haul - hopefully over time people will see that.
Thank you for kind a curtious reply.
:-)

WildBoyz

Is this the future?
28DL Full Member
Thank you fella - Thats a beautifully clear explanation of how things work so thank you for that. I really do enjoy the exploring and i do the love the community feel and i certainly do not want to get in to any arguments with anyone - i always try to be polite and respectful to everyone no matter what there views.
I sort of have come out the ring a little with the bell ringing as i do feel like i have been jabbed a fews times lol but to be honest i really am not sure why.
I am not here to upset anyone - i have a massive love and passion for this hobby and really am in it for the long haul - hopefully over time people will see that.
Thank you for kind a curtious reply.
:-)

That's a good attitude to have. Just stick with it and continue to enjoy it. We all have those moments when we feel like we're being pushed into the corner of the ring, but it's definitely not worth getting worked up over it.

Looking forward to your next report :thumb (providing the video isn't as long as the Lord of the Rings trilogy ;) )

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Tazong... What are you talking about 'naming locations'? You were originally talking about sharing them in cliques / groups.