real time web analytics
British Celenese Cellulose Acetate Works - Spondon, Derby - 2014 | Noteworthy Reports | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

British Celenese Cellulose Acetate Works - Spondon, Derby - 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Mr Sam

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
wow! seems we hardly touched the surface of the place starting to think i need a re-visit

great pics :thumb

nsdev

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
wow, simply wow.

I logged on this morning thinking I'll bet there's nothing major new in the industrial sites bit (its my real interest on here) and that I'd be getting the usual feeling of needing to get out there and find something, but never having the time (running my business pretty much eats all my time) then I saw this....................

wow!! A properly huge site, stunningly photographed.

I'm guessing a lot of this site's activity revolved around imperial tobacco in nottingham?

to cap it off, I sincerely hope that they don't scrap this:
13176422473_25665ee172_b.jpg
as it looks in better condition than mine and its a proper pullmax!! Edit, I've just seen the even bigger brother behind it!! Could do with that in my workshop!!

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
I'm guessing a lot of this site's activity revolved around imperial tobacco in nottingham?

Yeh i never thought of that. Im guessing they would have supplied most of the UK fag factories. Ive actually never used a pullmax. Might have to buy one!

nsdev

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yeh i never thought of that. Im guessing they would have supplied most of the UK fag factories. Ive actually never used a pullmax. Might have to buy one!

are you a metal basher too? My "pullmax" is actually an old pels nibbler, but probably the most useful bit of kit in our workshop. We restore and build cars, and the pullmax type machine is corrupted from a straightforward vibrating shear machine to a hammerforming machine. We grind up dies to form the reinforcing sections on pressed panels, as well as raised sections on stuff like doors and bonnets etc, basically wherever there was a complicated pressed bit that's too sharp in form to do in an english wheel.

Anyway, I digress, sorry!

Great work at British Celanese!!

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
No its interesting, i do car stuff too so i know exactly how useful it could be!