real time web analytics
Report - - British Extracting site Finally the conclusion | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - British Extracting site Finally the conclusion

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Squirrell 911

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Madmax and I thought that after two attempts at the British Extracting site we should go balls or bust on the tower as we knew it would be difficult. Zerocool came along as he did Spillers with me not that long ago and I know he likes these.

Access was difficult but between us we got into the base of the tower to be confronted with the mother of all ladders to the top :eek: Serioulsy guys this is not one for kids as when you get to the top the last 8 foot turns from a steel ladder to a wooden one that wouldnt be out of place in a potting shed crudely lashed to the top and to the upper floor :crazy

Here are a few pictures that I got out of the place. Madmax and Zerocool will be adding theres soon.

The water tower.

001-1.jpg

Spillers that Zerocool and I did before.

011-5.jpg

Larry, Curly and Mo

023-7.jpg

Some more of the Hull skyline.

018-2.jpg

What it looks like from ground leval.

050.jpg

Madmax and Zerocool will add theirs on soon.

MADMAX

28DL Full Member
Well what a night!
I'm still buzzing this morning.
It was good to finally meet zerocool too.

Like Squirrell said we decided that tonight was the night at any cost.
After finally getting to the area we thought we'd have the best chance at access, we entered the front part of the building to find that the only place that went to was the legendary stairs up the outside of the building.
These stairs have seen better days and with a single probably locked door all the way at the top, we decided to find another route in :rolleyes:

This turned out to relatively straight forward thanks to a quick thinking Squirrell.
Once in the base we soon realised that the only way up was the ladder of death.
Now, as some other people on the forum will confirm, I'm not the greatest when it comes to heights (apart from the odd moment of insanity).
So I went first. The ladder is part caged and part not, so it was a case of just look forward and keep going.
Eventually after scaling the 100+ rungs to the top, the knackered old wooden ladder that took you the final eight foot was almost a step too far.
Finally after months of eying British Extracting up from the ground, we were on the roof and the feeling was amazing.

We made the most of it and then the return journey had arrived.
Going back down wasn't as bad but was still pretty harrowing :D

There was still some decent stuff to photograph in the ground floor, but we were spent and decided to leave that for another time.
So we called it night and went for a celebratory pint.

Here are my pics

The stairs of death - we decided against this route :D
DSC_0151-1.jpg

Looking east from the top of British Extracting Co.
DSC_0152-1.jpg

The guys make the most of the view
DSC_0162-1.jpg

The Water Tower is the cherry on the top
DSC_0165-1.jpg

Machinery inside there the roof building
DSC_0168.jpg

The top floor of the building, a health and saftey nightmare
DSC_0169.jpg

Heavy machinery now lies still and rusting
DSC_0170.jpg

Looking up the ladder of death!