real time web analytics
Bryn Estyn Wrexham | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Bryn Estyn Wrexham

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

venetianurban

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Doeos anybody have pictures of this former government office/children's home please? it's due to be demolished. I've read up a bit about it. It's got a grim history.Looks like it's very old.

chills

Queller of the uprising
Just for future reference, this should really be in the ‘advice, questions and information’ section rather than ‘others sites’ which is mainly reserved for reports.

If you’re interested in photos I’d say go have a look however it was only used as council offices thereafter, marked for demolition in 2019 and expected to be gone by September 2020. Covid may have given you more time though; always worth a look.

venetianurban

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Just for future reference, this should really be in the ‘advice, questions and information’ section rather than ‘others sites’ which is mainly reserved for reports.

If you’re interested in photos I’d say go have a look however it was only used as council offices thereafter, marked for demolition in 2019 and expected to be gone by September 2020. Covid may have given you more time though; always worth a look.

Thanks Chills. Still new to this. Yeah was thinking the same. I'll take a drive up. Thing is when you type in Google, it comes up with Victorian Walled Garden. No matter. I'll persevere.

chills

Queller of the uprising
Thanks Chills. Still new to this. Yeah was thinking the same. I'll take a drive up. Thing is when you type in Google, it comes up with Victorian Walled Garden. No matter. I'll persevere.

No worries. Google doesn’t always help and if you really want to view something sometimes you just have to go recce it. Try Google Maps if you haven’t already and you should be able to see the state of the site.

venetianurban

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
No worries. Google doesn’t always help and if you really want to view something sometimes you just have to go recce it. Try Google Maps if you haven’t already and you should be able to see the state of the site.

I've looking at the site and although it looks like some of it was demolished, some exists so I'll have a deek.

Shame about the horrible history though

westernsultan

Banned
Banned
I have this complete history for you including pictures at https://www.wrexham-history.com/chronology-of-bryn-estyn-hall-wrexham/ and two external pictures - up to you to get the internal shots

venetianurban

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thank you but I've seen that website. I was hoping someone may have a up to date info but alas, it's not to be.

Taffys day out

28DL Member
28DL Member
The gardens if you're facing the front of the buildings are to the back to the right, renovated in 2006. Inside was fairly modernized decoration but still retained the stair cases and old wood decor in the lobby, was mainly used as offices when it was reopened as erlas house

twokanz

28DL Member
28DL Member
Does anybody has pictures of this former government office/children's home please? it's due to be demolished. I've read up a bit about it. It's got a grim history.Looks like it's very old.
I DONT HAVE PICTURES BUT I WAS THERE 78 TILL 80 IN THE CARE HOME I KNOW WHAT REALLY WENT ON

Adammc1396

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Took a trip up there today, couldn't get in as its all tinned up, but got some photos outside

Attachments

• 20220529_172759.jpg
    20220529_172759.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 37
  • 20220529_173103.jpg
    20220529_173103.jpg
    328.6 KB · Views: 45
  • 20220529_173830.jpg
    20220529_173830.jpg
    231.1 KB · Views: 36
  • 20220529_173759.jpg
    20220529_173759.jpg