real time web analytics
Report - - Bulgarian Train Repair Station | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Bulgarian Train Repair Station

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Iateabeeonce

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi guys,

Just sharing some snaps from an urbex jaunt around Sofia, Bulgaria.
Unfortunately I've got to make do with an old phone for photos, no professional camera bits!

~So far as I can tell, the site was used to repair and maintain both cargo and passenger trains up until the end of the Soviet era.
There are around a dozen sets of tracks, with maybe 2 still in very infrequent use (I had to leg it on the way out because a train stopped and security started yelling).
The building comprises of 1 large warehouse type hall with 2 tracks for train repair, with gullies underneath for getting to the undercarriage.
On either side of that are several smaller rooms, which I think would've been workshops and storage.

There are 2 basements.
One of them had 3 enormous silos still full of diesel, leaking all over the floor, with just canvas half covering the open tops.
The other basement had the staff areas, a small kitchen (with everything stripped out), a locker room and a couple other store rooms and a toilet.

This is the first explore I've ever posted anywhere online and am fully aware of the crappy picture quality!
The whole thing was recorded on a gopro on my head, but didn't come out very well due to the total lack of natural light in most of the building.

I've got a few other sets of snaps from different explores around Sofia, so let me know if you're interested in seeing any other Soviet remnants that've been gutted by gysies =)

DSC_0085[1].JPG

DSC_0091[1].JPG

DSC_0096[1].JPG

DSC_0098[1].JPG

DSC_0108[1].JPG

DSC_0101[1].JPG

DSC_0110[1].JPG

DSC_0130[1].JPG

DSC_0158[1].JPG

DSC_0156[1].JPG

DSC_0153[1].JPG