real time web analytics
Report - - Bulstrode Park, March 2019 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Bulstrode Park, March 2019

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

D

Dragon_Urbex

Back in March 2019, I discovered Bulstrode Park whilst researching the site's architect, Benjamin Ferrey. I found out that it was abandoned after doing a google to look into the place more. The weekend after, I set off to the town where it is situated... which involved doing a dog leg journey through London and to avoid the tube, having to cycle from Paddington to Marylebone. Not a pleasant experience!

Anyhow, I got to Bulstrode and immediately clocked the security guard's house nearby. I steered clear of that and found my way inside the house easily enough. It's a shame that the Christian company that used to own it removed much of the interior (Benjamin Ferrey was known for his Neo-Gothic interior design) but there were still some cool features left, including the large gatehouse like structure by James Wyatt from the original house. I didn't take too many photos because the majority of the place was modern interiors which was a shame. But saying that, I later found the clock tower - inside is a fantastic clock by Gillett and Bland of Croydon. It still works, as I wound it up for a laugh! Later on though I was caught by security but they were some of the nicest chaps I've ever spoken to. Really nice people.

Here are my photos! Some are edited a bit.

IMG_0924.JPG

IMG_0925.JPG

IMG_0928.JPG

IMG_0932.JPG

IMG_0966.JPG

IMG_0975.JPG

IMG_1020.JPG

IMG_1022.JPG

IMG_1027.JPG

IMG_1044.JPG

IMG_1049.JPG

IMG_1059.JPG