real time web analytics
Report - - Cabot carbon Ellesmere port 5/4/10 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Cabot carbon Ellesmere port 5/4/10

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Squirrell 911

28DL Regular User
Regular User
After seeing a previous report on here I thought I might aswel hop into the mirthmobile mk2 and come for a look round here.

109.jpg

Was a solo visit due to other guys been busy or under the thumb :p

I wasn't disappointed and due to the size of it I will be posting two reports.

This one is of the outside process work which is currently under demolition and yes they were working on Easter Monday the greedy twats :gay

Retrieved off Cabot's site.

Traditionally, Cabot's carbon black has been used as a reinforcing agent in tires. Today, the uses of carbon black have expanded to include acting as a pigmenting, UV stabilizing and conductive agent in a variety of common and specialty products, including tire innerliners, carcasses, sidewalls and treads, as well as in industrial rubber products, like belts, hoses and gaskets.

An intensely black powder, carbon black is produced by subjecting heavy residual oil feedstock to extremely high temperatures in a carefully controlled combustion process. Cabot manufactures dozens of commercial grades of varying size and structure, each produced through minute adjustments in different reactors.

A leading global supplier, Cabot produces nearly 2 million metric tons of carbon black annually and sells it under the following trade names: BLACK PEARLS, ELFTEX, VULCAN, MOGUL, MONARCH, EMPORER, REGAL, UNITED, SPHERON and STERLING.

Anyhoo on with the pictures.

003-10.jpg

005-18.jpg

006-7.jpg

Office grumble mag.

016-11.jpg

017-12.jpg

Elevator with scoops to fill the containers.

042-6.jpg

Bottom of containers to fill lorries with.

029-9.jpg

The bit inbetween. :)

091-3.jpg

Looking off the top of the gantry.

040-3.jpg

043-11.jpg

044-5.jpg

Keeping busy lads :)

065-2.jpg

General destruction.

083-4.jpg

084-3.jpg