real time web analytics
Report - - Camden Rathole, London - April 2015 | Underground Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Camden Rathole, London - April 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

WildBoyz

Is this the future?
28DL Full Member
"Where is the entrance?"

Seriously?

Haha. You have the right idea :thumb

I see the tunnel from the bridge, a locked door aslong the canal.. Asked the restaurant people but they said to come back at 10am as they where busy.. Isn't there another way in?

My advice is to go have a wander. I'm sure you'll begin to answer your own questions.

Awesome job :thumb those last two pics are beautiful!

Cheers :thumb Thanks for looking.

Distra

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This is brilliant stuff guys. I know of the old train tunnel and have even taken a very brief wander (long ago) from the more conventional entrance in your pictures. I had no idea there was a service tunnel that linked to it.

WildBoyz

Is this the future?
28DL Full Member
This is brilliant stuff guys. I know of the old train tunnel and have even taken a very brief wander (long ago) from the more conventional entrance in your pictures. I had no idea there was a service tunnel that linked to it.

Cheers :thumb I suppose it's quite easy to miss the service section if you enter the tunnel the way you did. Still, it's worth a look if you're ever over that way.

gadgeturbex

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Where is the entrance?
Thanks

Just under the SIS building on Albert Embankment. Climb over the South West pedestrian gate, and make your way to the plant room doors (the one with the louvres in.) One of those louvres slides out. It's quite a walk to Camden though so take some monster munch and some red stripe with you.

iamsilverfox

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Just under the SIS building on Albert Embankment. Climb over the South West pedestrian gate, and make your way to the plant room doors (the one with the louvres in.) One of those louvres slides out. It's quite a walk to Camden though so take some monster munch and some red stripe with you.

Hahahahahaha

Distra

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Finally got round to sorting through some old pics from my wonder around this area. Nothing to juicy i'm afraid but some more track level stuff. All taken ages ago (just don't ask how ;) ) I might have a few pics from Primrose hill station somewhere and will post them if I can find them.

IMG_1569_zpstwjktgzs.jpg

IMG_1568_zps39hn6pqr.jpg

1.The entrance to the up carriage line tunnel, facing towards Euston from close to where it used to connect to the main lines.

IMG_1495_zpsbbbx1o7s.jpg

2. Euston end of the tunnel, near Camden carriage sidings where the commuter trains are stabled and cleaned.

IMG_1498_zpsoawdzvei.jpg

3. Euston end by the main lines, the tunnel exit is to the left.

IMG_1570_zpszb3k1hdz.jpg

4. Primrose hill end of the track where it used to join the mainlines

kevin arnold

28DL Member
28DL Full Member
that's very interesting, thanks for sharing. i never knew what was beyond that palisade fence at the end of the disused tunnel. now i understand why they put sensors at the tunnel mouth, makes sense if there is a depot nearby.

Distra

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It didn't twig at the time but the fact you can walk to the sidings within five minutes from the Euston end means it's likely to have been a favourite route with graffers.