real time web analytics
Report - - Camelot Theme Park, Chorley - April 2015 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Camelot Theme Park, Chorley - April 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

GRONK

Useful Idiot
Regular User
I think we're long overdue for a Camelot thread. ;) And it is a photo heavy one.

The visit
After a failed attempt to gain access in Preston, I was at a loose end and needed something to fill my day. So I jumped on the train and headed up to Chorley, I spent a good 3 hours in the park and ran into a few others (It is probably busier now then when it was open). This is the fourth time I've been and I'm still finding new things, especially my amazement when I walked into a building to not only find the three Knightmare cars that ran at the park, but the other two that were shipped here but never refurbished and used. And to round off my day I was followed around for a bit by a Quad Copter. :wanker

History (Not that we all know it)
Camelot Theme Park
was a resort and theme park located in the English county of Lancashire. The park's theme was based on the famous legend of Camelot. It was located on a 140-acre (0.57 km2; 0.22 sq mi) site near the village of Charnock Richard, 3 miles (4.8 km) west of Chorley. One of the rollercoasters can be seen from the M6 near the Charnock Richard Services. The site is owned by The Story Group, and was operated by Knights Leisure. The park featured many rides, taking a target audience of families and younger children, however the park also boasted numerous thrill rides and roller coasters, including Whirlwind (a Maure Sohne spinning coaster), Knightmare and Excalibur. The park was featured in an episode of Sooty & Co., in which presenter Matthew Corbett takes Sooty, Sweep and Soo there. The theme park is now closed.

IMG_3105.JPG

IMG_2757.JPG

IMG_3070.JPG

IMG_3022.JPG

IMG_2781.JPG

IMG_3110.JPG

IMG_3030.JPG

IMG_2796.JPG

IMG_2821.JPG

IMG_2914.JPG

IMG_2899.JPG

@Snake Oil I did have a look, hahaha

IMG_2953.JPG

IMG_2968.JPG

IMG_2978.JPG

IMG_2982.JPG

And the copter
IMG_2992.JPG

Thanks for looking. :rolleyes:

coolboyslim

Mr Reality Hacker
28DL Full Member
Interesting done this place a bit never saw the cars myself. Dare I even consider a revisit lmao. Well I could find snakes torch lol. But have a feeling with lack of balls (in the pool) it's already gone.

Stopford_lad

foul-mouthed oaf
28DL Full Member
At least you came out with some different shots of the place pal :thumb If anywhere deserves burning to the ground it's Camelol

Punk

Punkus Explorus
28DL Full Member
Interesting to see the interior :thumb I want that shirt in the first shot :thumb

Who has read this thread (Total: 3) View details