real time web analytics
Report - - Canal flour mill, Manchester-18/02/07 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Canal flour mill, Manchester-18/02/07

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

R

romanian1

The second venue in the manchester trip, i spotted the tower as we were heading toward salford cathedral with the intention of doing the spire, well i say intention, damon,scott and gibbo were up for it, gaz said he'd have a go but doubted hed go for the top and i firmly refused to even go anywhere near it. (but then perversely ended up climbing a 6 storey building anyway)

Anyway it was decided it was a bit risky to attempt the spire in daylight so we headed over towards the mill to see if we could gain access.

What followed was one of the highlights of the day for me,we were scooting round the perimiter of the mill looking for access and we'd just checked the front which had a high corrugated iron fence with scaffold above it and looked pretty secure so we headed round to the back. we were all checking a fenced off area for access points when suddenly we hear "oi, up here" and scotts head appears over the six storey parapet, hed somehoe managed to find access and make it to the roof in the time it took us to walk about 400 yards.:D

The guys got class, well either that or hes a fucking lunatic, id go for a bit of both.

Anyway, some pics, again i'll leave space for my fellow explorers to add theirs too.

DSCF0593.jpg

DSCF0603.jpg

The aforementioned cathedral.
DSCF0612.jpg

DSCF0607.jpg

DSCF0616.jpg

DSCF0598.jpg

DSCF0604-1.jpg

D

Damon

Re: Canal flour mill, Manchester-Report-18/02/07

A top class day and a top group of guys (and gal) to explore with.

By the end of the day I'd got used to userscott yelling "Up here!" He must get really bored being at ground level. It was comedy to see his head pop over the edge of the roof though. :D

Just a few pics from here, most of the rooftop ones are likely to be pretty much identical so I'll not bother with them. I'm still keen to find out what the score is with the interior. I'm still hedging my bets on a partial conversion to a club/bar that never got completed.

Banisters.jpg

Trolley.jpg

Windows.jpg

Bar.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: