real time web analytics
Featured Report - - Cane Hill Hospital, Coulsdon - Mega Archive 2003-2007 | Noteworthy Reports | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Featured Report - Cane Hill Hospital, Coulsdon - Mega Archive 2003-2007

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
Holy hell what a Christmas treat this is! What deapths of the forum did you manage to find this thread to bump?

This stuff needs its own section along with a drive to get more people posting thier pre 28days photos. Was only thinking the other day how all those pre 28 personal websites all gradually disappeared without a trace. Bring back 'nobody there' 'sub-urban' and tails of the 'flincher' :<3

Cybergibbons has a treasure-trove of photos - he’ll occasionally post a few on Twitter but it would be lovely to have a good archive. The likes of Pete C, Nutbolt et all must have some crackers too

Fuzzball

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It's @Fuzzball you need to thank for the bump :p
Oh thanks Mookster! I was searching for further info on James Moody - the famed superintendent - and after a rummage I found these posts. I'd briefly seen them before ages ago but didn't realise the diversity of shots. Surprised the posts haven't gotten more views especially when were all grounded during the pandemic. It was a bit of an early Christmas present for me too!

Fuzzball

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Holy hell what a Christmas treat this is! What deapths of the forum did you manage to find this thread to bump?

This stuff needs its own section along with a drive to get more people posting thier pre 28days photos. Was only thinking the other day how all those pre 28 personal websites all gradually disappeared without a trace. Bring back 'nobody there' 'sub-urban' and tails of the 'flincher' :<3
Google does throw up gems sometimes. I can imagine there's so much out there caught by a baby urbex community. There's no trace of them on the waybackmachine? I'd like to see the hall.

I can't believe I haven't seen any shots taken from Farthing Downs. The whole hospital would have sprawled out from that view and made site recces easier. Plus you could and still can see Netherne from up there too. Did anyone venture up the Downs while exploring CH or Netherne?

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Cybergibbons has a treasure-trove of photos - he’ll occasionally post a few on Twitter but it would be lovely to have a good archive. The likes of Pete C, Nutbolt et all must have some crackers too

A friend of my friend who took me on my first ever explores (including a trip around the perimeter of CH in June 2009 ~ 2/3s through demo) has, apparently, a huge stash of 35mm film photos from Cane Hill circa late 1990s/early 2000s, although their whereabouts is currently unknown. If they were found, my god that would be momentous.

It is without doubt the one place I wish I could have seen in it's heyday more than anywhere else.

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
A friend of my friend who took me on my first ever explores (including a trip around the perimeter of CH in June 2009 ~ 2/3s through demo) has, apparently, a huge stash of 35mm film photos from Cane Hill circa late 1990s/early 2000s, although their whereabouts is currently unknown. If they were found, my god that would be momentous.

It is without doubt the one place I wish I could have seen in it's heyday more than anywhere else.

There is a chap who ran the camera club at CH and has a collection of photos from 1970s onwards. He won’t share any of them, it will be a travesty if they end up getting destroyed.. but I guess they are his photos and his choice

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
There is a chap who ran the camera club at CH and has a collection of photos from 1970s onwards. He won’t share any of them, it will be a travesty if they end up getting destroyed.. but I guess they are his photos and his choice

That's so sad that he won't publish them, that sort of collection is greatly important from a social and medical history viewpoint.

Fuzzball

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Oh, the former fire marshall? If so then he occasionally used to post some interesting and fairly random archive images on his Twitter (which are still viewable). He was also interviewed for a student documentary back in 2008. Aside from that though he's kept fairly quiet especially as he's been in hospital in recent months. It doesn't seem like he is too keen to share photos or camcorder footage, perhaps from a patient-privacy perspective perhaps.

Hipposcope were a documentary outfit who captured footage of the abandoned hospital in 2007 and apparently acquired archive images and footage, but little of it has surfaced so far. Getty's archives contain footage from Cane Hill taken from two Panorama programmes (about drug addiction) in the 1960s, but you'll need a couple of grand to purchase or even see the footage (which is of a ping pong table room, a ward, some corridors and a patient room, if I remember).

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Was only looking at mine from the first two trips this week, anazing it was so long ago!
Every moment spent in Cane Hill was an absolute pleasure. Very much enjoyed looking at your photos.

Who has read this thread (Total: 237) View details