real time web analytics
Video Report - - Cannon Brewery July 2015 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Video Report - Cannon Brewery July 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

hellonearth

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
First time poster on here although been using the forum for quite some time. We're a group of film/video makers from around Wakefield, but after exploring places on/off for a good year now, we thought we might as well put the cameras to good use and pointed them straight at Cannon Brewer, a place that has been explored to death we know but thought this might be a different take on it for some people.

The visit went smoothly, apart from a couple of kids on scooters telling us there were some dudes chasing them with a knife, but other than that all good.

We have got some other vids too that I'll post when I get chance. We've only just started out doing these vids feedback more than welcome, as they were a good laugh to make.

Cheers for watching,
Lloydy

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Quote ......."The things ya do " ........OMG...... i"m lost for words!

Needs some History of the place adding into the ....er report

GRONK

Useful Idiot
Regular User
"The Urban Exploring Adventure Show

I imagine the BBC will be in contact any day now, with an offer. ;)

Last edited:

hellonearth

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Quote ......."The things ya do " ........OMG...... i"m lost for words!

Needs some History of the place adding into the ....er report

Sorry, will remember for next time, I assumed this place had be covered so often it wouldn't be a necessity, but for anyone wondering I've airlifted some for good ol' wiki

"Situated in Neepsend, Shepherd, Green & Hatfield were the first to brew at the site in 1838 at what was then a respectable residential district. By 1895 the brewery was equipped with "an expensive plant...excellent stores and cellars, spacious covered and open yards, offices, stabling [and] workshops."[53] The marketing and sales offices on the brewery site were completed in 1958.[54] A new £500,000 five storey brewhouse was operational by 1962, and was one of the most up to date in the country.[27][55] An on-site public house was opened in the basement of the brewery in 1964, initially named The Underground, but later renamed The Pig and Whistle; it was used by brewery workers and visitors.[56] At its peak the brewery produced 50,000 hectolitres of cask conditioned Stones each year.[1] The office building was sold off in 1985. In 1992 a visitor's centre building was opened. In 1995 the brewery was used as a shooting location for the film When Saturday Comes. The office building is occupied by an accountancy firm, however the remainder of the site is currently unoccupied and derelict."