real time web analytics
Report - - Cannon Brewery, Sheffield - March 2023 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Cannon Brewery, Sheffield - March 2023

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

dansgas1000

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Introduction
I first visited the site during summer last year but as I was in a rush I didn’t take the camera. This time though, I wanted to return with the camera and get a report up. Visited with @V50jake.

Information & History
I won’t go into the history in too much detail as it has been covered many times. The company dates back to the 19th century when William Stones founded William Stones Ltd. Stones started brewing in the city a number of years prior with Joseph Watts but Watts later died. Stones bought the Neepsend Brewery site and renamed it Cannon Brewery. He became one of the richest people in Sheffield and later died in 1868.

During the site's later years, a few changes were made. A sales office was built in the late sixties, and a £500k brew-house was built around the same time. There was even an on-site pub at one point. The site was also featured in a 90s film: ‘When Saturday Comes’.

Bass purchased Stones in the late sixties and the site continued operating until 1999 and closed due to a reduction in sales. As a result of the closure, 57 jobs were lost and now the site remains derelict. It is known as being one of Sheffield’s OG urbex locations and it is well and truly trashed now. I wonder how much longer it’ll last until something is done with it?

The explore itself was relaxed and we didn’t run into any issues, it hasn’t really changed in a year but then again it’s harder to notice changes at a site like this as it’s already in such poor condition, but I do still think it’s very photogenic.

Here are a couple of old pictures. The first is of the Brewery Manager taken in 1990, the second one is an external taken at the same time.

cannon1.jpg

cannon2.jpg

On to the photos from my visit, I did take quite a lot of pics and was indecisive on what ones to use so apologies in advance if there are a few too many to scroll through!

001.jpg

002 (2).jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

14.jpg

IMG_1186-HDR.jpg

IMG_1414-HDR.jpg

15.jpg

IMG_1254-HDR.jpg

IMG_1225-HDR.jpg

IMG_1240-HDR.jpg

IMG_1243-HDR.jpg

IMG_1429.jpg

IMG_1189-HDR.jpg

IMG_1201-HDR.jpg

IMG_1213-HDR.jpg

IMG_1297-HDR.jpg

IMG_1400-HDR.jpg

IMG_1424-HDR.jpg

IMG_1418-HDR.jpg

Continued...

dansgas1000

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Looks amazing! What camera and lens are you using? looks similar to my a7c 28mm set up.
It's a lovely place! I'm not using anything fancy, all pics were taken on a Canon 70d mostly with the Canon 15-85mm and some with the 10-18mm.
Some really nice shots there man
Thank you
An excellent set of snaps
Thanks!
Came out nice mate. Your photos have come on so much. Still a place I have never been in.
Thanks mate that's very kind, I was really pleased with how this set came out. It's still worth going if you like your big industrial stuff.
Good to see some decent recent pics of the place, classic UE old faithful this one :thumb
Cheers Ojay! It's still a nice place even all these years later.

JaffaTB

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
great pics, one of my favorites this place i was like a kid in a sweet shop when i first got in here its so big, i like that in your first pic from the roof you can see George Barnsleys another classic :cool

Who has read this thread (Total: 191) View details