real time web analytics
Report - - carbrook culverts ,sheffield | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - carbrook culverts ,sheffield

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

jezzyboo

28DL Regular User
Regular User
this has been done over a few visits so forgive me if things are not in perfect order starting of from the bottom at the beginning of the nice and steady drains metal grill we gained access to the culvert

walking upstream it wasnt long before we came to the first culverted section

only quite narrow

we then came out in to an open air section

before in went underground again covered over with a lovely red brick archway

not sure if i have these in the right order but we went through this

this next section reminded me of an old railway tunnel quite grand for a surface water drain !

inside looking back

the brook then bent round and we came upon a low section of archway on all fours we crawled up

a fork in the pipes it had opened up in to a stoop in height

the pipe on the right was dead we went up the wet one which became rcp pipe having seen previous reports we kept our eyes out for the poo room entrance and crawled up a small pipe to have a peek

then it was back to the rcp pipe and out in to the fresh air

wandering on upstream for what seamed like an age we came in to the last short section

a short stretch of rcp then a chamber

looking up the manhole from the chamber

walking upstream we could see the end of the rcp unfortunately it was grilled over with metal so back out the way we came in

thanks for watching :thumb

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
is there quite a few sheaf fielders on these boards? Am very interested in the yorks water infrastructure to say the least, esp. in Bradford.

Skeggy

28DL Member
28DL Member
The last photo is as the stream leaves Bow den Housted woods. It then flies under the car park of what was Davy United engineering works