real time web analytics
Report - - Cathedral Arches 12-02-09 | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Cathedral Arches 12-02-09

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Skydiver

Memento vivere
28DL Full Member
Well this was certainly an interesting place to get to, not for the faint hearted doesn't even begin to describe it!

The place once inside is immense; though not in the same way as that first room in the Junction, this sprawls - people can head off in seemingly different directions only to end up in the same room eventually - at first I was worried about getting lost in here but after mooching around for a bit it's not hard to get your head around the layout (even with my poor sense of direction head on)

There's so many little bits and pieces in here, though I don't think it's somewhere I could spend all day (especially not with the pathogenic-looking mould around) a good few hours is needed to appreciate it all - especially when taking pictures too.

Unfortunately many of my pictures have blurred parts as I only noticed half way through that I had a wet mark on the lens :( but here are some of them with and without the added blur.

First stop of course was the Gents
CathedralArches012.jpg

CathedralArches014.jpg

Ooops, there's that blur!
CathedralArches017.jpg

CathedralArches020.jpg

CathedralArches026.jpg

The 'very safe' stairs...
CathedralArches034.jpg

Some pretty cool stalactites
CathedralArches048.jpg

The nasty mould seems to keep it's distance from the glove...
CathedralArches054.jpg

Ceiling shackles.. I couldn't help but imagine these were some sort of punishment device whereby people were hung from them by their wrists or ankles... I think they were actually for holding cables up but that's not nearly as interesting.
CathedralArches056.jpg

The pained wall-face
CathedralArches068.jpg

CathedralArches061.jpg

Hey! Orangeade...
CathedralArches069.jpg

Roots
CathedralArches074.jpg

Last edited:

Skydiver

Memento vivere
28DL Full Member
Re: Cathedral Arches 12-02-09 Report

Yeah - can't believe we didn't think to look for sell by dates on them!

CathedralArches057.jpg

Who has read this thread (Total: 0) View details