real time web analytics
Report - - Chatterley Whitfield Colliery, Stoke-on-Trent, September 2020 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Chatterley Whitfield Colliery, Stoke-on-Trent, September 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

ikkdjct

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Visited with @Paradox and @Bigjobs who had kindly agreed to show me around. This was my first visit to the colliery and I absolutely loved it even though they made a very good effort at sealing the buildings off. The "museum" part was luckily still accessible and we got in without any problems. However, most of the other doors, windows and assorted entrances were covered by metal sheets and/or wire-grids, while the entrance to the underground part has been bricked up. Hopefully I will be able to return at some stage in the near future as this and Cwn are so far my favourite places (of an admittedly not overly large sample). I won't go int the history of the site here as this has been described many times before.

IMG_6273.jpg

IMG_6375.jpg

IMG_6276.jpg

IMG_6347.jpg

IMG_6343.jpg

IMG_6338.jpg

IMG_6357.jpg

IMG_6358.jpg

IMG_6369.jpg

IMG_6367.jpg

Many thanks to @Paradox and @Bigjobs

Thanks for looking!

host

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Great report. Any joy with the locker room ?? Is the last shot part of museum ??

ikkdjct

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Great report. Any joy with the locker room ?? Is the last shot part of museum ??
Thank you! No it isn’t. Not sure how to describe how to get there. The last two pictures are at the same location.

Who has read this thread (Total: 149) View details