real time web analytics
Question - - Chernobyl guides? | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Chernobyl guides?

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

The Lone Ranger

Safety is paramount!
Staff member
A few of us are off there next week for 3 days/2 nights stopping at Chernobyl, plus a night at either end in Kiev; we are using Soloeast. Can give you up to date info next weekend.

@The Stig and @AuntieKnickers have used them before, and seem to be a good company. The other company we had a look at was Lupin Travel.

The Stig

Urbex = Nosey Bastard
28DL Full Member
6 of us are going on bank holiday Monday for the week in Ukraine. This trip was planned by myself mainly but it was all done though Sikorsky who based in Kiev. Everything I asked was answered when couple of hours, I can not fault them. Our trip is tailored around what we wanted to do and see. As TLR also said I went 4 years ago with Lupine travel who is a UK based company, again can not fault them. The only thing which both companies says is about access to the buildings and it's a "no go" to go inside but both companies also said if it's small group that it's not such a problem.
So a little tip is smaller parties is better and get more done and see more then say sending in the uebex bus with 20 or so.
Any other questions just drop me a message :)

The Stig

Urbex = Nosey Bastard
28DL Full Member
Ho forgot to say, you just can not fly across there and drive up, you need the right permits at the 30km check poin. No permits, no access it's simple, hence going though the right tour companies. There is a few out there but I would strongly recommend lupine or soloeast.

The Lone Ranger

Safety is paramount!
Staff member
@The Stig I thought you'd managed a far more comprehensive reply, as I have just sat at home and let you organize it, just dropping you a few pennies every now and then. Cheers :thumb

Haifisch

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I'm off to Kiev to see a friend and am trying to get round Chernobyl to knock it off the bucket list.

Has anybody used this company before or heard anything about them ? http://www.chernobylwel.com/EN/2/chernobyl-2-day-tour/

Can't find masses of reviews on them and as I'm heading out there want to make sure I get a proper decent tour. Soloeast and Lupine don't seem to be doing the tours on days I'm out.

Any help gratefully received!