real time web analytics
Report - - Chernobyl September 2021 | European and International Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Chernobyl September 2021

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Boiga

Somewhat Radioactive
28DL Full Member
Yeah the new law about few years in prison is pretty naughty, a fine, on the other hand wouldn't be that bad for me.

Yeah it is, its fustrating but I guess it is what it is - Suppose it just adds to the challenge haha and another reason not to get caught. I dont know how those loonies of KREOSAN get away with it! haha.

No prison time just a fine I would be on the next flight over haha.

Boiga

Somewhat Radioactive
28DL Full Member
did you pay for a tour? If so who did you use? Great pics

Yes buddy, used a tour company called ChernobylX - they're awesome :) though we didn't get to go in to any buildings like i've seen on youtube though - but I was with a group of 23!

whatsinaname

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Great photos however, I dont see the fascination over the dangers to be honest.

It only takes a small grain of contamination to trigger cancers and that doesn’t cover the constant raised radiation.

Still interesting to see how natures just got on with it.

Boiga

Somewhat Radioactive
28DL Full Member
Great photos however, I dont see the fascination over the dangers to be honest.

It only takes a small grain of contamination to trigger cancers and that doesn’t cover the constant raised radiation.

Still interesting to see how natures just got on with it.

Thanks pal - thats fair. For me, the most exciting thing about the place was seeing how the fauna and flora have adapted and reacted to the entire situation as it's such a unique place in the world, it got my ecology juices flowing haha.

There's that risk indeed. Unless you stay in the red forest or other areas which are still highly contaminated, if these are avoided (as much as possible) it is pretty low risk (In my opinion; I have a degree in Ecology, not nuclear science) - according to the government websites the UK population are exposed to 1.3 Sievert per year in background radiation, most places in Chernobyl are between 0.16-0.65 Sieverts. So in my opinion it's safe levels and there's nothing to worry about. If I were to stay in the red forest for a day, it would be a different matter.

It's incredible how nature has adapted, it gives me the chills still to see and think how insigificant humans are!

Wastelandr

Goes where the Buddleia grows
Regular User
Very nice - did you manage this from the UK with the current travel restrictions?

Boiga

Somewhat Radioactive
28DL Full Member
Very nice - did you manage this from the UK with the current travel restrictions?

Thanks bud. Yup, flew from Gatwick - it was a major stress just making sure I had everything prepped, but had a print out of my vaccinations, day 2 covid test ready, passenger locator form ready, and Ukraine wanted specific health insurance. And then when I flew back I spent a long time in Boryspol airport waiting and faffing for my PCR test. But worth it in the end :)

Wastelandr

Regular User
Thanks bud. Yup, flew from Gatwick - it was a major stress just making sure I had everything prepped, but had a print out of my vaccinations, day 2 covid test ready, passenger locator form ready, and Ukraine wanted specific health insurance. And then when I flew back I spent a long time in Boryspol airport waiting and faffing for my PCR test. But worth it in the end :)
A big fair play there, so it can be done! I'm keen to go but not just yet, hoping in the next year or two it becomes easier. I think a private tour could be the way to go to see more and internals

Boiga

Somewhat Radioactive
28DL Full Member
A big fair play there, so it can be done! I'm keen to go but not just yet, hoping in the next year or two it becomes easier. I think a private tour could be the way to go to see more and internals

Cheers pal, yeah it can its an absolute faf right now and I got a new job last week which pay is significantly higher than im on now so I am doing another trip early next year, so next time it should be much more relaxed, I think the worse is over now for travel and stuff. Hope you're able to make it out there soon, and without a doubt!!

Wastelandr

Regular User
Cheers pal, yeah it can its an absolute faf right now and I got a new job last week which pay is significantly higher than im on now so I am doing another trip early next year, so next time it should be much more relaxed, I think the worse is over now for travel and stuff. Hope you're able to make it out there soon, and without a doubt!!
Nice one, get out there! Yeah hopefully everything will be on the up from now on travel wise. Cheers for sharing :)

Who has read this thread (Total: 311) View details