real time web analytics
Report - - Cincinatti Machine Offices, Erdington 23/06/09 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Cincinatti Machine Offices, Erdington 23/06/09

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Rookinella

I should have danced all night
28DL Full Member
Visited with Rigsby.

This was site number 4 on out flukey day of epicness where every explore went ticketiboo and the sun was shining and everything! Thanks to OT and the Midlands Masters of Epicness for help with directions to this because we were lost and we got distracted watching some pikey get nicked just over the road.

It was really cool inside especially the flooded auditorium and I found a pack of cup-a-soup from yonks ago that had amazingly old packaging. It's untouched inside and it seems like it would have been a really nice place to work in with its views over the canal and swish flooring.

Press release from 2007:

One of the most famous engineering works in Birmingham is to close after 73 years of production.

The Cincinnati machine tool factory in Kingsbury Road, Erdington, is to be shut with the loss of 90 jobs.

Union officials immediately condemned the plan, calling it "yet another nail in the coffin of West Midland manufacturing".

The announcement came less than a year after the business, latterly known as Cincinnati Lamb but previously having operated as Cincinnati Milacron, was sold by US parent group Unova to MAG Industrial Automation Systems for £2 million. It was the first factory established by the original Cincinnati firm outside America and at its peak employed up to 2,000 people.

Lathes and boring machines produced there graced manufacturing sites throughout the UK and around the world as one of the foremost names in machine-making.

Tom Keogh, regional officer for engineering union Amicus, vowed to challenge the closure saying: "They will not be getting away quietly from this."

A source close to the company said it is believed production is to be transferred to China. No company spokesman was available.

Here's the pics!

_DSC0207R.jpg

_DSC0208R.jpg

_DSC0213R.jpg

_DSC0214R.jpg

_DSC0217R.jpg

_DSC0218R.jpg

_DSC0233R-1.jpg

_DSC0188R.jpg

_DSC0190R.jpg

_DSC0194R.jpg

_DSC0195R.jpg

_DSC0234R.jpg

_DSC0237R.jpg

_DSC0238R.jpg

_DSC0244R.jpg

_DSC0248R.jpg

_DSC0249R.jpg

_DSC0250R.jpg

_DSC0251R.jpg

_DSC0252R.jpg

_DSC0256R.jpg

Board of directors
_DSC0258R.jpg

_DSC0261R.jpg

Dept5a

28DL Member
28DL Member
Cincinnati Milacron was a great place to work. I should say hello first (sorry) I worked there for 3 years I was only 18 then but it was so much fun. I posted some pictures of what it was like then. When I saw your post I got such a hollow feeling. I used to work at the Plant in Cincinnati Ohio the address was 4701 Marburg Ave it was actually in Oakley Ohio a small suburb of Cincinnati named after "Annie Oakley" the famous Lady Sharpshooter who toured the US showing off her ability to shoot a rifle like no one else. My User name is actually where I worked at in the factory Dept5a (sheet metal) we were in Plant number 5 just below the Foundry. God that seems like so long ago. So you found a box of Soup did you? what a change the only thing left behind from the largest Manufacture of Industrial Robotics on earth was...... a box of Soup

we were the best..have a blessed day child

Last edited by a moderator: