real time web analytics
Coach Retirement Yard - Co. Durham. | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Coach Retirement Yard - Co. Durham.

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Sazzy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I do hope I've put this in the correct place for my first post! a quick intro! I'm saz! I live in the Teesside area and I've been lurking these forums for ages but never actually made my own post so here it goes!

I believe this to be the site of Grierson's coaches scrap yard, or bus graveyard. There is a live depot nearby so I was expecting this one to be secured and a pain but it was ok for a short while.
Upon entering the premises I clocked a security camera and what looks like a live onsite home which was later confirmed.. I was conscious that the premises was going to be locked up for the night so I didn't venture too far to the juicier stuff. I may have to go back in the coming weeks.

Straight away I was greeted with travel coaches and what looked like 90's era busses which the earth is claiming for itself. Lots of foliage and weeds intertwining with machinery both outside and inside, it was beautiful!
the yard is overrun with cars with general scrappage scattered about. I really enjoyed looking around with the camera it quite resembled what I think a nuclear fallout would look like.

After a short while I heard what sounded like a generator start up so I headed back and noticed a dog lurking, still I didn't see the owner until after I left the premises, I really don't think he knew I had been inside so cheekily I decided to strike up a convo with him and be bold and ask him as a photographer if he would let me in on his property to take photos of the coaches... I was polite with him, god loves a trier...and after a very short conversation I got the impression he was trying to trip me up and somewhere along the way I mentioned the words "bus graveyard" and he exploded with rage.....so I of course apologised for upsetting him! all in all I'm glad to have captured what I did for the short time I was in there!

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
I will as soon as I figure out how on this phone I can’t seem to find any editing tool
It should be at the end of your title bar. 3 ball type things. Oh and btw, nice first report and welcome to 28DL

thedupleman

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
A lot of old sheds there be a lot more of these sites about when pvsar kicks in all old coaches with no wheelchair lifts will be worthless

Sazzy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
A lot of old sheds there be a lot more of these sites about when pvsar kicks in all old coaches with no wheelchair lifts will be worthless

There were so many more of them! I think maybe perhaps as many as 50! But they were at the back of the property which I didn’t manage to get too.

frankieaustick

28DL Member
28DL Member
I do hope I've put this in the correct place for my first post! a quick intro! I'm saz! I live in the Teesside area and I've been lurking these forums for ages but never actually made my own post so here it goes!

I believe this to be the site of Grierson's coaches scrap yard, or bus graveyard. There is a live depot nearby so I was expecting this one to be secured and a pain but it was ok for a short while.
Upon entering the premises I clocked a security camera and what looks like a live onsite home which was later confirmed.. I was conscious that the premises was going to be locked up for the night so I didn't venture too far to the juicier stuff. I may have to go back in the coming weeks.

Straight away I was greeted with travel coaches and what looked like 90's era busses which the earth is claiming for itself. Lots of foliage and weeds intertwining with machinery both outside and inside, it was beautiful!
the yard is overrun with cars with general scrappage scattered about. I really enjoyed looking around with the camera it quite resembled what I think a nuclear fallout would look like.

After a short while I heard what sounded like a generator start up so I headed back and noticed a dog lurking, still I didn't see the owner until after I left the premises, I really don't think he knew I had been inside so cheekily I decided to strike up a convo with him and be bold and ask him as a photographer if he would let me in on his property to take photos of the coaches... I was polite with him, god loves a trier...and after a very short conversation I got the impression he was trying to trip me up and somewhere along the way I mentioned the words "bus graveyard" and he exploded with rage.....so I of course apologised for upsetting him! all in all I'm glad to have captured what I did for the short time I was in there!

i walk past this everyday! haha some of their buses are actually still in use for school contracts believe it or not

Who has read this thread (Total: 233) View details