real time web analytics
Report - - Coalbrookdale AGA Foundry.. Shropshire, December 2017 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Coalbrookdale AGA Foundry.. Shropshire, December 2017

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
The Coalbrookdale iron works had been situated in the iron gorge in Shropshire for over three hundred years. Seen as the founders of the industrial revolution after being the first to use coke fire blast furnaces which quickened up the production of iron.generations of families have worked at the foundry. The last company to survive there was aga/range master which sold out to an American company in 2015, but they decided that the foundry was not needed anymore. So the decision was decided to close the plant in November 2017. And all work would be done at there main works in Ketley with cast oven parts being brought in from abroad. The foundry was being stripped at a fast rate and with in a short time was a shell. The workers turned up to be told they were not needed anymore as the plant was shutting a week early, the owners in America got wind of people coming to support them and told them to get off site as quick as possible as they did not want the bad publicity. The workers shut the gates and tied boots to them. So ending over three hundred years of industrial work there were industry began...The place has a real sad feel to it being an end of an era in a great industrial part of the country. Its a sad thing with big foreign companies coming in and stripping our assets by moving them abroad or moving all the works into one area and then out sourcing for other works, but I guess its a sign of the times.

The workers boots on the gates.

Machine shop bad been partly stripped but was a few pillar drills about.

Bay were the iron ore was placed into hoppers.

The furnaces for melting the ore.

Continued..

Last edited:

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Nicely captured and covered as usual.

I believe this was the explore I came with you for? A good place, this was.
Thank you mate. You did indeed. On a Christmas Eve as well. You were literally just a boy then. Do you remember us all hiding behind that post from the security doing his rounds. God knows how he did not spot us ha ha

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I missed the boat on this despite trying it twice around that time.
I did however get in early this year but of course its just a shell now.
Iv never seen so many darliks in one place though, they have now got em round every corner

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I missed the boat on this despite trying it twice around that time.
I did however get in early this year but of course its just a shell now.
Iv never seen so many darliks in one place though, they have now got em round every corner
They stripped the place out so quickly. Is there really lots of them. I got told there is loads at the debating chambers in Edinburgh. Inside and out.

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
They stripped the place out so quickly. Is there really lots of them. I got told there is loads at the debating chambers in Edinburgh. Inside and out.

cant find pic I had with 3 of em in shot but there is at least 8 there.
I tried this twice solo back when it shut, came up the bank to find myself 50ft from guy in digger! second time there must of been 20 machines working on site doh! just bad timing

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
cant find pic I had with 3 of em in shot but there is at least 8 there.
I tried this twice solo back when it shut, came up the bank to find myself 50ft from guy in digger! second time there must of been 20 machines working on site doh! just bad timing

Luckily I went before the diggers went in. All them daleks ha ha. I have yet to see one

host

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I love the way their painted to look like the police, it would great if they got up and Chased you like a horny R2D2 grabbing hold of you rolling you onto to your front and the rest is history. Put that in a report.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Very nice, so much to look at here. What a fab report. Industry at its best. But even with all the lovely shoots, cranes, lollop, cages, I love the gate shot the most. And you got a shite loads of toilets again :p excellent :thumb

Who has read this thread (Total: 218) View details