real time web analytics
Question - - Coalville Railway | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Coalville Railway

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Lestatog

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi

Does anyone here know where the abandoned railway tracks are in Coalville behind stephenson college and how to get to them please.

stevey83

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Youve just given me a reason to sign up! I literally Googled what you wrote and found it. Its a public walkway so shouldnt be hard to navigate!

Kirkymole

Banned
Banned
Google Map Coalville, can't miss the railway Sidings/former TMD. But the line is still used, I think Network Rail have a mini depot there. Trespass on the railway, as I'm sure you're aware, is criminal trespass from the word go, the BTP do enjoy a good prosecution too. So bear that in mind. Be one way of ruining your evening.

Last edited:

elhomer12

Maglite size T-rex, It's time for urbex!
28DL Full Member
Just go and have a look, but if you see the men in orange coming run. I'm pretty sure there's more old railway stuff around there too, could be wrong though, I don't get over coalville way too often.... I generally avoid it where possible

nsdev

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Loads of railway history in the area, do some googling. Not much left to look at but some of it is pretty interesting. The line that now serves cliffe hill quarry for example was pretty much the first public transport railway in the uk