real time web analytics
Report - - Cold War Shelter - Coventry - 22.10.08 | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Cold War Shelter - Coventry - 22.10.08

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

turkey

Pure bellend
28DL Full Member
Solo Visit.

Not much information on this place unfortunately.

Items of interest were the HUGE blast doors, the signage and the shelves which were the food store during the 50's, 60's all the way through to the late 80's.

pictures...

cov1.jpg

cov10.jpg

cov11.jpg

cov12.jpg

cov13.jpg

cov14.jpg

cov15.jpg

cov16.jpg

cov2.jpg

cov3.jpg

cov4.jpg

cov5.jpg

cov6.jpg

cov7.jpg

cov8.jpg

cov9.jpg

turk ;)

Bertie Bollockbrains

There is no pain
Regular User
mmmmmmm... is that MOD issued Biscuits AB I can see on the shelf. My mouth is drooling at the thought.

For those who have no idea what I'm talking about... here's the entry for Biscuits AB from Arrsepedia (the army's Wikipedia site): "Nobody has ever really known what the AB stood for. 'Anal blockage' was the most common answer... based on their well known ability to glue your outlet valve so tight, you thought you were about to get a turtle's head a la Alien. These really were the food of Satan: thousands of soldiers spent millions of man hours trying to make them taste OK, and in the end, all they were able to do was crumble them into a compo all-in stew."

Personally I preferred the Biscuits Brown which I still have in large amounts at home - despite leaving the Army nearly 15 years ago (saving these for a rainy day you see). Anyways these are described on Arrsepedia as: "Pack contained within the 24 Hour ration pack. Consists of 6 slices of compressed cardboard, occasionally supplied with dog shit in a can to spread over said cardboard."

Last edited:

JaneEyre

The clumsiest explorer in Yorkshire!
28DL Full Member
Personally I preferred the Biscuits Brown which I still have in large amounts at home - despite leaving the Army nearly 15 years ago (saving these for a rainy day you see). Anyways these are described on Arrsepedia as: "Pack contained within the 24 Hour ration pack. Consists of 6 slices of compressed cardboard, occasionally supplied with dog shit in a can to spread over said cardboard."

One of the basics on my sister's camp ate three packets of BBs... Glad I wasn't given details of the aftermath o.O

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Ahh the days when Turk used to explore / walk more than 50 yards...

Electric

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I think this building has now been completely stripped back to brick as the entire site is being redeveloped for the new 'Paragon park' housing development.
I was onsite for a meeting there a few weeks ago, but boy, I would have wandered off if I had known about this...
Anybody know if it is still there?

stonedslothm4n

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I think this building has now been completely stripped back to brick as the entire site is being redeveloped for the new 'Paragon park' housing development.
I was onsite for a meeting there a few weeks ago, but boy, I would have wandered off if I had known about this...
Anybody know if it is still there?
It's still there , I Dunno if they use it though, it's under the building with the glass front on the other side from where there doing building work, I was talking to a mine engineer who was telling me all about it lol

princethorpe

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Must be a few places around Coventry like this ours has the same blast doors only grey. Must be a communication building thing

stonedslothm4n

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Must be a few places around Coventry like this ours has the same blast doors only grey. Must be a communication building thing

The basement in primark was something like that , there's a disused area called the black hole of Calcutta with a warren of passage ways

princethorpe

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Not Cautaulds building, which was in Lockhurst Lane and Foleshill Road. Theirs were similar but the doors weren't as robust .Nor Primark/Alders and originally Owen and Owen probably do or did have extensive underground workings. An older colleague once told me their was a large underground car park which was built over. true or not ?

Last edited: