real time web analytics
Report - - Colin`s Barn (The Hobbit House) Wiltshire Aug 2020 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Colin`s Barn (The Hobbit House) Wiltshire Aug 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

SyCore

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
History

Built between 1989 and 1999, the complex features a cluster of separate structures fitted with wooden doors, lofts, dovecotes, and ornate stained glass windows. An upper floor was sparsely furnished with a cot; providing its owner with a place to sleep during lambing season, when he needed to be closer to the flock.
This stonewalled oddity was created by Colin: Colin Stokes that is, a local sheep farmer and stained glass artist. What started out as a shelter for storing his hay gradually evolved into a far more elaborate project.

Explore

This has got to be one of my most favourite explores to date the detail and the way he has built this is unbelievable. Only a few photos of the place as its a little bare and the most important photo has to be the outside.

Seffy

Staff member
Stunning little place this. Thanks for the report - it doesn’t look as ruined as I thought it would. Any more photos would be great though :thumb

DustySensorPhotography

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I checked this place out ages ago; great to see it's still in shape!
My understanding is the old farmer built this to store hay in it but never used it because a quarry or something similar was built close-by so he abandoned it after years of building...

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
I adore this place. Really want to see it 1st hand. Its really novel and inventive. Could be used in films imo. Fantastic build this. Great photos too. A life of a hay bail eh lol

Bristol-Wanderer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
One of my first explores, went there on a nice sunny day and to see it just there in the edge of a field was amazing! Totally different to anything else lol

Who has read this thread (Total: 200) View details