real time web analytics
Report - - Colliers Wood Tower, London - July 2014 | High Stuff | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Colliers Wood Tower, London - July 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Vixxie

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Coming back from the previous night exhausting birthday party in Colliers Wood, me and Pinkman were heading for some quick visit to St Clements. Passing the Colliers Wood Tower I suggested we stop and try to pop in for a brief look around, as I have been passing this place hundreds of times before and never had time to actually have a go.

It was the first day I got my new camera (my first dslr, yay!) so I thought it would be nice to try it on for the first time (that's why there's the stupid date on the pictures! I did not even realize it was on at the time and can't be bother to edit..so pardon the retarded look of it).

Turned out that getting in was more than simple so we made a quick jump through the fence and sneaked it. It's basically the empty structure with absolutely nothing inside (except the bunch of dead pigeons) but the roofs are quite cool!

Brief history stolen from Wiki

Colliers Wood is dominated by the "Colliers Wood Tower". Originally named the "Lyon Tower", it was originally occupied as the headquarters of property company Ronald Lyon Holdings but has also been known as "The Vortex" and the "Brown & Root Tower". When being built, the tower reached the third storey before an error in construction was discovered and it was demolished to begin again.

It was voted the ugliest building in London in a 2006 BBC poll[10] and one of the 12 ugliest in the UK in a 2005 Channel 4 poll for its programme Demolition. The same BBC poll quoted an architect working for Golfrate Property Management, the current owners, as saying the building was due a make-over and new lease of life.

By 2009, the ground and first floor windows and doors had been boarded up, and green netting has been attached across each end to prevent falling debris causing injury to passers by. Demolition of the adjacent spiral car park began in April 2010,[13] but due to complications with an electrical substation was halted soon after, with half the car park still standing. By June 2011 the car park was eventually demolished entirely.

In Spring 2011, two small samples of decorative cladding were fitted. These were much a lighter colour than the underlying concrete surface and would change the look of the Tower significantly if installed across the building.

According to Merton Council, construction should begin in Spring 2014 and is anticipated to be completed in Autumn 2015.

Few shots

col1.jpg

col2.jpg

col4.jpg

col6.jpg

The best pigeon I've ever seen!
col7.jpg

col5.jpg

col8.jpg

col9.jpg

col3.jpg

And me on the roof :)

col2.jpg

All pictures without the retarded date stamped on are Pinkman's.

Thanks for viewing x

Last edited:

Pinkman

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
"Best pigeon I've ever seen" lol!

It was an interesting little splore, albeit a tad boring in the building itself.
But the roof top views were incredible. So glad we stopped by here :)

Pinkman

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Good work. Nothing like a good roof in daylight.

This one was easy pickings, people were staring at us from a passing bus as we scaled the hoardings.
But we don't give a rat's arse, we're bold as brass :D

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice ones :thumb

Certainly nice views and a nice day for it. ( no ND Grads then ? :)

All the best Pigeons are dead ones, and they smell less rotting away that their bloody Shit does on my boots :(

Why don"t Pigeons suffer from Pigeon Lung ?

Vixxie

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice ones :thumb

Certainly nice views and a nice day for it. ( no ND Grads then ? :)

All the best Pigeons are dead ones, and they smell less rotting away that their bloody Shit does on my boots :(

Why don"t Pigeons suffer from Pigeon Lung ?

No filters, I am an amateur :P

And yupp, those freaking flying rats destroy far too many decent places with their shit. I'm always happy to see some piles of feathers around. Well done, cats & foxes!

Vixxie

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
According to Merton Council, construction should begin in Spring 2014 and is anticipated to be completed in Autumn 2015.

Funny, It's summer now and they didn't even begin working on it. It's been abandoned since I remember and and quite scary in its ugliness.