real time web analytics
Report - - Compstall Mills - Stockport - March 2024 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Compstall Mills - Stockport - March 2024

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

elizab2th

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Compstall Mill

Not much history could be found.

Located by Etherow Country Park, Compstall Cotton Mills remains derelict. Built by George Andrew in 1820, the mill ran beside the housing built for 800 workers, also known as a mill village. There were numerous other buildings on site, including garages and workshops. The business closed in 1966, and since been reowned to several businesses. Several surrounding buildings still remain open as different businesses, adding quite the history to the village.

This explore was definitely fun! The site was very large, giving us plenty to explore and take some lovely photos of what's left behind. Entrances to the main building were blocked off by debris, and lot's of items were vandalized - however the other buildings were a treat. They were all unique in their own ways and offered some great shots, especially with the weather being pleasant!
Please enjoy the photos :)

1.7.png

1.11.png

1.12.png

1.9.png

1.15.png

1.14.png

1.13.png

bike.jpg

1.5.png

1.4.png

1.2.png

1.1.png

1.3.png

1.8.png

Screenshot 2024-03-28 145222.png

ShutterBug

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I went New Year's Day and someone had had a new year's "rave" - we found Instagram accounts plastered on the wall. Looked pretty shit tbf. When we walked in we were hit with a very strong smell of alcohol, like we'd walked into a brewery. One room was labelled the "piss room" and the stench was foul to say the least. Found some drug paraphernalia too. Some of those lads probably didn't sleep for a few days... Some interesting stuff upstairs however, they'd nicely cordoned off the stairs to prevent "ravers" from going up there. Looked to have been an accountants in the early 2000's (many payslips left about and business information) and then later taken over by some charity by the looks of things. Recycled clothes and toys scattered everywhere. I felt very uneasy up there... Good report though lads.

TalkingMask

Professional Twat
28DL Full Member
Compstall Mill

Not much history could be found.

Located by Etherow Country Park, Compstall Cotton Mills remains derelict. Built by George Andrew in 1820, the mill ran beside the housing built for 800 workers, also known as a mill village. There were numerous other buildings on site, including garages and workshops. The business closed in 1966, and since been reowned to several businesses. Several surrounding buildings still remain open as different businesses, adding quite the history to the village.

This explore was definitely fun! The site was very large, giving us plenty to explore and take some lovely photos of what's left behind. Entrances to the main building were blocked off by debris, and lot's of items were vandalized - however the other buildings were a treat. They were all unique in their own ways and offered some great shots, especially with the weather being pleasant!
Please enjoy the photos :)

1.7.png

1.11.png

1.12.png

1.9.png

1.15.png

1.14.png

1.13.png

bike.jpg

1.5.png

1.4.png

1.2.png

1.1.png

1.3.png

1.8.png

Screenshot 2024-03-28 145222.png

Definitely looks downhill from my last visit which was a shame, it was absolutely lovely when I went

Glad to see the report though, some good photos there, did you see any off the external buildings towards the road side? Lovely stuff there with the funeral home and basement

elizab2th

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I went New Year's Day and someone had had a new year's "rave" - we found Instagram accounts plastered on the wall. Looked pretty shit tbf. When we walked in we were hit with a very strong smell of alcohol, like we'd walked into a brewery. One room was labelled the "piss room" and the stench was foul to say the least. Found some drug paraphernalia too. Some of those lads probably didn't sleep for a few days... Some interesting stuff upstairs however, they'd nicely cordoned off the stairs to prevent "ravers" from going up there. Looked to have been an accountants in the early 2000's (many payslips left about and business information) and then later taken over by some charity by the looks of things. Recycled clothes and toys scattered everywhere. I felt very uneasy up there... Good report though lads.
I heard about this, I had heard that most of the vandalism came from the illegal rave which is unfortunate. Will definitely be going back to explore again though and hopefully it hasn't become worse...

elizab2th

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Definitely looks downhill from my last visit which was a shame, it was absolutely lovely when I went

Glad to see the report though, some good photos there, did you see any off the external buildings towards the road side? Lovely stuff there with the funeral home and basement
I don't think so! I'll be going back at some point though so will check it out! :)

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Nice piece of millage. Typical mill style with its several floors and rows of windows 👍