real time web analytics
Report - - Conditioning House Bradford. February 2016 | Industrial Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Conditioning House Bradford. February 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Neurotix

28DL Member
28DL Member
This looks ace! Would love to pay a visit myself but judging by the posts it's definitely not one for me and my clumsy feet. Lovely pictures, go you!

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
Fond memories of standing on the roof of this place at night. Fucking insane really.

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This looks ace! Would love to pay a visit myself but judging by the posts it's definitely not one for me and my clumsy feet. Lovely pictures, go you!

It"s a nice building & lets say access will defeat lots before they even see a rotten floorboard which probably explains the lack of posts over the years, and TBH is probably a good thing safety wise:eek: There are a lot of easier options locally ;)

That said i can see a lot of traffic coming this weekend :D

degenerate

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice one Acid I know exactly what you mean about the floors and the tape! When I went there was a pile of syringes by a lamp post outside though but that could be due to its proximity to Midland.

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice one Acid I know exactly what you mean about the floors and the tape! When I went there was a pile of syringes by a lamp post outside though but that could be due to its proximity to Midland.

Cheers matey :thumb

Certainly not improved since you were in that"s for sure ;) As for the Midland Crew :eek::eek: best avoided, although it"s the first time i haven"t actually seen any visible in the shadows.

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Still awesome all these years on. I had a great time in there with Squirrel last year, but in my true unique style spent all my time sifting through the pigeon shite and tat looking for mill relics... As a result my photos were average to say the least.

You got some crackers there!

phipps

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Sad to see this place so rotten. I visited several times when it was operating. They even developed a test for the strength of bin-liners as a sideline when the wool trade started its decline. The Director's office was all oak panelled and even had its own toilet. Con House was known and respected throughout the wool producing countries of the world - Australia, NZ, South Africa, South America etc. They had one of the best testing lab set ups in Yorkshire. The open area in the centre was where bales came in were opened for sampling. 'Conditioning' refers to the absorption of moisture by wool. You don't want to be buying water!

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Still awesome all these years on. I had a great time in there with Squirrel last year, but in my true unique style spent all my time sifting through the pigeon shite and tat looking for mill relics... As a result my photos were average to say the least.

You got some crackers there!

Cheers :thumb
I did look through a few papers and the like but they just fell apart. There was some stuff it seemed in the offices but as i couldn"t hover & i"d already gone through the Lino once i lost interest, it seems everybody has much the same shots over the years so i doubt there"s much hidden unless it"s in the Offices or in the Boiler room buried under all the Coal

phipps

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Fair point. At least the angora goat on the neighbouring BMS mill is still there. Iknew all these places when they were working. And woodhead tunnel.

phipps

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Wish I could have had the photographic expertise and creativity you have today back in the 70s and 80s. Mind, most places were working employment manufacturing sites then. Wouldn't dare take my old Canon slr and roll of fp4 into standege these days.Apologies for the writing quality , i'mtryingto do this on a tablet and am more used to an old steam desktop......