real time web analytics
Report - - Connaught Tunnel and Silvertown Station, London (July, 2011) | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Connaught Tunnel and Silvertown Station, London (July, 2011)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

thecrazyfool

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
So I seen other people visiting the Connaught Tunnel in East London and decided to check it out one evening after work as it's so close to where I work. A quick check around the area and I found myself in an abandoned train station and tunnel and a few hours exploring this place.

History:

So the Connaught tunnel and was built and opened in 1846 and was closed in 2006. Located in the heart of the East End of London, it is another area going construction work which will see brand new trains hurling down here by 2020. Silvertown station was closed in 2006 and will breathe life when the tunnel is reopen. Right now both are abandoned though there are signs of construction work happening.

Exploration:

I explored this place twice. I think since the last report, construction has begun to develop the major train link in the East London. There were generators on near the tunnel and on the second time I noticed Infrared cameras on! Never seen them before and it was like watching Terminator with those eerie red eyes! Although I had my SLR, the 5D Mark 2 doesn't have any flash and I left it at home so no tunnel shots sadly just pictures in my head!

Overall I spent about two hours checking the old station and tunnel out. Quiet good fun after a hard days work in the office, but in a few years it'll be gone when trains start running again!

Pictures:

Silvertown Station

IMG_6985.gif

Around the station

View attachment 353416

View attachment 353418

View attachment 353423

View attachment 353425

View attachment 353430

Going towards the Connaught Tunnel

View attachment 353432

View attachment 353437