real time web analytics
Report - - cononley lead mine,north yorkishire, march 2015 | Mines and Quarries | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - cononley lead mine,north yorkishire, march 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

JoanneCard?

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Been inside Cononley a couple of months back. We only went in around 100m (to the first collapse, 2nd collapse was about another 8m further in but had been shored up)
In this photo I'm stood on the spill from the first collapse, looking out and just under the upper adit (The ladder in the pic allows access to the upper adit, though it should really be placed where I'm stood as the hole above me is too large to stride across)..... For some reason we left just after this pic was taken but there's nice tool marks to be seen in there... There's even still the odd candles sitting on pegs.... I will return, take better pictures and get a whole lot deeper.
IMG_20170222_133214_zpsj4omd1qn.jpg

JoanneCard?

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
and get a whole lot deeper. ... I love it when you talk dirty :D
Hahaa..... Me being male am rather flattered by your innuendo Lavino..... but I don't know you well enough to be asking you to touch your toes ...
:thumb

H

headfuckd

don't be letting me down this weekend bruvva fuckin bees today aaaargh serious all them miles for fuckall but sunburn think that guys gunna shit bricks if he crawls up the tunnel i was going up Il tell you on phone i got some nice pics anorl Il inbox em you wouldn't wanna upset the haters on here that say i don't explore anywhere

Joe313

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
hi all I'm new to this site. I'm living in sunderland but have kids in whitby. Ive never really been in a mine before. Does any 1 no of any good 1s to explore on moors. I have a few mapped out but not 100% where they are or what state there in. Any help would be grateful. Thanks.... Joel

JoanneCard?

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
don't be letting me down this weekend bruvva fuckin bees today aaaargh serious all them miles for fuckall but sunburn think that guys gunna shit bricks if he crawls up the tunnel i was going up Il tell you on phone i got some nice pics anorl Il inbox em you wouldn't wanna upset the haters on here that say i don't explore anywhere
You know what Jon..... I was looking forward to meeting you tomorrow... and to a good trip into this mine.
Getting my son to give you a 80 mile round trip, with no offer or asking for any petrol money..... Only to find out today your intention was to blame the bees for not going in, and to have us both as spotters as you abseil down the engine shaft.
I've spent all afternoon on the phone with you today as you fail again in your mission, despite me telling you there is open mine entrances there... even sending you links and locations to the old Middleton lead mines...... You, sir, are a loser & a user and I don't take kindly to that. And yes, if I thought, after all we'd done for you, you'd cut our time short down the mine I would of taken your ropes, gone to the pub for a meal and returned the ammount of time later I felt you'd cut short our time... It's folk like you who really do spoil things for the rest of us.... Quote "If I can't get out of the mine I'll get security to free me, they can't keep me a prisoner"
So glad I became aware before having a ruined day !!

Joe313

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
You know what Jon..... I was looking forward to meeting you tomorrow... and to a good trip into this mine.
Getting my son to give you a 80 mile round trip, with no offer or asking for any petrol money..... Only to find out today your intention was to blame the bees for not going in, and to have us both as spotters as you abseil down the engine shaft.
I've spent all afternoon on the phone with you today as you fail again in your mission, despite me telling you there is open mine entrances there... even sending you links and locations to the old Middleton lead mines...... You, sir, are a loser & a user and I don't take kindly to that. And yes, if I thought, after all we'd done for you, you'd cut our time short down the mine I would of taken your ropes, gone to the pub for a meal and returned the ammount of time later I felt you'd cut short our time... It's folk like you who really do spoil things for the rest of us.... Quote "If I can't get out of the mine I'll get security to free me, they can't keep me a prisoner"
So glad I became aware before having a ruined day !!
Hi sorry to jump on your post. Is there any chance you can send me the link for that mine. If not do you fancy meeting up there some time. Not done much climbing but willing to give ne thing ago. Should be able to sort ropes if needed.... Joel

JoanneCard?

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi sorry to jump on your post. Is there any chance you can send me the link for that mine. If not do you fancy meeting up there some time. Not done much climbing but willing to give ne thing ago. Should be able to sort ropes if needed.... Joel
No problem Joel... Google is your friend and "Cononley Lead Mine" is tagged on Google maps.... You may need to search for an entry..... Think safety.... it can be a walk in with a little checking ;-)
Jons your man for climbing, and has ropes..... but I no longer trust him.... with his selfish ways..... Please be aware the mine may not always have clean air !

db2

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi....the last time I was up at Cononley mine was in the early 50's (I am old, I would have been about 11 or 12 at the time!) There used to be a hole (or holes) in the ground about 2 feet in diameter--these were not entrances, the ground had just collapsed. Being a kid, I could drop down into the tunnel beneath. This was not a mine as such, it was a stone lined tunnel---you could not walk upright in it. If you went up the tunnel you ended up inside the chimney thing, and could look up to the sky above. If I remember rightly, if you went the other way you came out further down the hill. I always thought these were air shafts or something but I was just a child and really don't know. Ahh, the lovely things you could get up to in those days, without your parents having a clue!!

H

headfuckd

Hi....the last time I was up at Cononley mine was in the early 50's (I am old, I would have been about 11 or 12 at the time!) There used to be a hole (or holes) in the ground about 2 feet in diameter--these were not entrances, the ground had just collapsed. Being a kid, I could drop down into the tunnel beneath. This was not a mine as such, it was a stone lined tunnel---you could not walk upright in it. If you went up the tunnel you ended up inside the chimney thing, and could look up to the sky above. If I remember rightly, if you went the other way you came out further down the hill. I always thought these were air shafts or something but I was just a child and really don't know. Ahh, the lovely things you could get up to in those days, without your parents having a clue!!
you are on about the chimney tunnel that runs from the bottom of the hill all the way up to the top I have been in this