real time web analytics
Report - - Cotton Wool and Cloth, A Decade In The Great Mills Of The North | Noteworthy Reports | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Cotton Wool and Cloth, A Decade In The Great Mills Of The North

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

host

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Outstanding report, the commitment is second to none. Most explorers don't won't do 100 explores never mind 100 on the same subject so hats off to you mate. I love a good mill but have some way to go on reaching the 100 mark. I would have loved to have seen some of these.

tweek

SNC/SWC
Regular User
Looked at this before but not given it a proper read until now. Excellent effort when put together like this.

I think I prefer the stone of the Yorkshire mills to the red brick of the Lancashire ones - however you do tend to see more tiling over the hill in Lancs than here.

Obviously, has to be said, I think you still need to get in the best one we have to offer... but if I did half this amount of mills I'd be a happy man.

Dempsey

The Human Turbine.
28DL Full Member
Yeah, its fair to say good effort lol.

What is this magnificent thing?

The world most elaborate rain water collection system?
Mill40_zps4ba1266d.jpg

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Yeah, its fair to say good effort lol.

What is this magnificent thing?

The world most elaborate rain water collection system?

Some kind of water tank, for the little engine that was in the shed by it I believe! I did stand and admire it's pointless beauty for a while though! It was (and still is as far as I'm aware) at Stonebridge Mills in Leeds.

llovell

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi - I loved the piece about the cotton mills in the North. I'm looking to find more photographers to work with to write up a few articles about urban ex, are they your pictures that you use in the article?

McSeasider

28DL Member
28DL Member
Been a lurker for years. Love all of your work mate. Victorian industry at it's finest. Absolutely fascinating. Thankyou.