real time web analytics
28DL and UE in the News - Crane Climb by Bigjobs | 28DL and Urban Exploring in the News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk

28DL and UE in the News Crane Climb by Bigjobs

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Status
Not open for further replies.

urban

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I've been looking up crane climbing on the internet. Stumbled upon this.

I try not to read the Daily Mail too much because it does terrible things to my blood pressure.

But I noticed last week that they have finally picked up on the 'urban explorer' craze, which sees young and largely unhinged people climb tower cranes in the dead of night for laughs. I highlighted this a while ago in the infamous French Swingers video on my blog, which saw French people doing much the same thing.

The Daily Mail published photos of some bloke in Manchester called 'Bigjobs' who scaled a 400ft crane in Manchester and posed at the top.

All well and good, but where on earth did the inspiration for the name 'Bigjobs' come from? It makes him sound like an incontinent Bond villain.

I found it on a here
http://www.contractjournal.com/blogs/the-foreman-blog/2008/12/new-crane-climbing-craze---pho.html

It's from 2008 so may have all ready been posted on here, apologies if this is the case.

There's also a picture, probably without permision!

urban

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Here's more...

'Urban explorer' poses on crane 400ft above Manchester
Standing on the end of a crane 400 ft above a glowing city centre, this man is one of a new group of modern thrillseekers known as urban explorers.

An unidentified man who uses the nickname Bigjob, seen climbing huge construction cranes around Manchester.

The full article can be seen here...
'Urban explorer' poses on crane 400ft above Manchester

Again this is from 2008 so apologies for old news.

CHEWY

Expert At Arseing Around
28DL Full Member
Haha.. you unhinged people tower crane climber you RARARA
mad0177.gif
:D

Bigjobs

Official Smartarse
Regular User
I think it was agreed last time that they got their facts wrong when it was reported, not least of which is it's not me in the picture, it's not 400 foot high, and I'm not incontinent.

Although good to see they changed the attribution of the photo from Mr. Davis.

Status
Not open for further replies.