real time web analytics
Report - - Crete road reservoir 1866 (Nov 2019) | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Crete road reservoir 1866 (Nov 2019)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Sausages

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The Crete Road reservoir was constructed in 1866, it consists of two large vaults between 80-90 foot long, and the water level would reach approximately 13 foot high. Using this I approximated that the reservoir could hold 155471 gallons of water, although I could be very wrong depending apon the measurements I have.
The reservoir was believed to have supplied a mineral water manufacturer names silver spring, the company was liquidated in 2013. However there are many factors which lead me to believe this reservoir was not used to supply the company, the main reason being the company did not even have a facility anywhere close the reservoir until 1970.
If anyone knows more history of the reservoir, many people would be interested to hear it so please comment.

Now finally here are my photos from a visit in November 2019, I hope you enjoyed my first report :)

A 44ft long tunnel used to access the reservoir:

A view looking down from the brick lined into the large chambers:

Looking back towards the brick lined tunnel, you balence across the beams to get to a ladder down to the Chambers:

In the ceiling you can see one of the 4 vents which lead to the surface:

Here you can see the ladder and what remains of the pipes:

Who has read this thread (Total: 271) View details