real time web analytics
Report - - Croal Culverts, Bolton - May 2017 | UK Draining Forum | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Croal Culverts, Bolton - May 2017

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
No doubt. Has anyone got a pic of the new rcp with the measuring thingy near the big tank on water street? I did notice they have built a shiny metal bridge across near there, either the EA or UU?

An older pic somewhere, it does stink down there

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I will have a to a mooch if and when I ever visit Bolton again. It was none too pleasant as I remember it on a milder day many years back, I didn't much fancy going up the CSO pipe meself!

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
IMG_7272.JPG

It's quite stoopy too and drops to about 2ftt upstream as a continuation of the watercourse, the tanks spill flow looks to be pumped via the adjacent station behind this lot

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ah ok, it's all a bit clearer now. My mate had a photo of that and went on past that, presumably the overflow further up is surface water? What's this flow monitoring thing that pings as mentioned on uer.ca, a flowhawk? is it on the outside of that pipe, near the grille?

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
@stranton I would not go carrying a tripod around that sketchy part of bolton, you will either get insulted for carrying it, or worse beaten with it, or just have it robbed off you. Probably a combo of all 3! LOL! I know I am not the best spokesperson for my unfortunate hometown but it's the truth!

stranton

subterranean explorer
Regular User
@stranton I would not go carrying a tripod around that sketchy part of bolton, you will either get insulted for carrying it, or worse beaten with it, or just have it robbed off you. Probably a combo of all 3! LOL! I know I am not the best spokesperson for my unfortunate hometown but it's the truth!

I always keep mine in a rucksack until I access the beck or brook,
been knowing to drop a camera or two in the pass. :D

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
You wouldn't want to lose a camera round there either, the smackheads would have it sold off at cash generator and be on the way to their dealer, before you even realize you lost it. As for that drain pic, it helps me fit a lot of it together. I am presuming there is no direct access to the big tank from that pipe?

stranton

subterranean explorer
Regular User
You wouldn't want to lose a camera round there either, the smackheads would have it sold off at cash generator and be on the way to their dealer, before you even realize you lost it.

can't be as bad Sunderland, there's a chav cloning facility there.
As for that drain pic, it helps me fit a lot of it together. I am presuming there is no direct access to the big tank from that pipe?

I've never been here, your best asking @Ojay

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ah, that clears it up then. I had one mate who was convinced that this pipe was a definite way into the tank in question. I think the tank must be nearer to the PS and the smaller car park to the left side of it, or I may well be wrong.

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Certainly a lot of peeps who have covered my old stomping ground. Is everyone here NW based? I grew up near Astley Bridge.

Mcload

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Great photos, thank you for them!
Are there any sections on this route that are dangerous? I know how to access the culvert from both end, but collecting information before going.