real time web analytics
Report - - Croatia - Hotel Marina Lucica - Visit 2011 - Report January 2014 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Croatia - Hotel Marina Lucica - Visit 2011 - Report January 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

benkar

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
During all trips to the Balkans, Me and my friends visited many abandoned hotel, but after this report, I have probably only one hotel left that I have not posted pictures from. Maybe time for a new trip to the Balkans.. :p:

Unfortunately I have not found much background information about this hotel, just a couple of old postcards and some text that says luxury Hotel Marina Lucica opened in 1971, and that it until 1991 was a paradise for nudists... :D

Hotel Marina Lucica is situated relatively far north in Croatia, pretty far northwest of Split, and seems not to have been damaged physical by Balkan wars. I guess the hotel was hit by the economic crisis that followed in the wake of the Balkan wars, and is now a magnificent ruin... (At least 2011, but I 'd be surprised if anything changed, maybe a fence around the ruin)

A small movie find on Youtube, in the commercial for Primosten from 1980, you can from about 04:00 into the movie, see some clips from Hotel Marina Lucica.. :thumb
Link to the movie

/B

More images, larger, you can find HERE!

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg