real time web analytics
Report - - Crown Centeral Plaza. | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Crown Centeral Plaza.

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

VentureClimbing "Beta"

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hello, my name is VentureClimbing "Beta" I am part of a small Urban Exploration group. VentureClimbing,
I have come to give my views and experiences on this old hotel.
The hotel closed in 2004 and the company that bought it ceased to exist shortly afterwards. The ancient law of escheat meant that it fell into the hands of the Queen’s Crown Estate solicitors, who, though disinclined to manage or market the building, are open to a sale. The Council has spent £77,000 on the building in recent years but has been unable to find a developer willing to take it on. New sources of funding are desperately needed to restore this important city-centre building.
I can now sadly confirm that renovation work has begun inside the building. This place was a hefty explore. The building is a 8/10 in terms of danger. The roof has given way in many parts and you can often feel the floor bend beneath your feet, also possible asbestos in the building so we approached with respirators on hand, although we didn't get a massive area covered however we covered it in large amounts of detail. Within the building there is many challenges such as the floor and the broken glass all over the floor in varies locations, me and my team explored a elevator shaft, as we got a smaller member to rappel down whilst using me as a anchor. Various points of the shaft were draftee and I would not recommend doing this again as he did in fact fall and I had to climb down and get him because his Carbineer failed due to the strain.
Here is the view after the access point.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=518090265054784&set=p.518090265054784&type=3
Here is the Customer Car Park.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=518090245054786&set=p.518090245054786&type=3
I mean its dark and grim inside the place its also really cold due to some little knobs breaking the windows. The electric is dead due to the fuse box being in 100 bits on the floor (knobs again) however that's not so bad as otherwise there would be live wires hanging every-ware, also inside the entry point's level there is building supplies that have not been used as of yet. I am very proud to say that VentureClimbing was possibly the last to set foot in the Crown Central Plaza.
Don't witch-hunt the guys profile on Facebook. He was kind enough to let me use his camera to do this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Sorry, this content isn't available at the moment
The link you followed may have expired, or the Page may only be visible to an audience that you aren't in.

----------------

Apart from that,

I would not recommend doing this again as he did in fact fall and I had to climb down and get him because his Carbineer failed due to the strain.

What was he using, a £2.99 B&Q 'Do Not Use For CLimbing' thing? Can't see any reason why somebody elses equipment failure should deter others.

VentureClimbing "Beta"

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
His equipment was bought by him not me, my equipment was not going to fail. My Carabineers were from the British SAS as a gift from my uncle. So like £30-£60 for mine and you get 2 whereas his were £10.50 for 10. xD
The actual shaft isn't the safest as the ropes holding the elevator are slack and loose. So that's my opinion though

xXFyrezGamerXx

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi ive been inside the hotel a few times its a great place to explore btw im 14 but you have got to be extremely carefull homeless people are sleeping inside the building.

VentureClimbing "Beta"

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi ive been inside the hotel a few times its a great place to explore btw im 14 but you have got to be extremely carefull homeless people are sleeping inside the building.
Glad to hear it, thank you for the warning. I plan on returning after nightfall in the near future. If you are a local, glad to see you show a interest.
Sadly my old team Toxxic have tagged most the walls and floor in one room. I am 16 and my new team Is much more nibble and common sense worthy.

Speed

Got Epic?
Regular User
Well you could start with some photos maybe?

Also drop the retarded ' I'm part of an exploring team' bullshit. You may be 16 but this forum is for adults so if you want to be here you need to act like one.

VentureClimbing "Beta"

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Well you could start with some photos maybe?

Also drop the retarded ' I'm part of an exploring team' bullshit. You may be 16 but this forum is for adults so if you want to be here you need to act like one.
Don't be a cunt if i'm not being a cunt to you.
I'm only saying it how it is. I have got photo's. And I would have called any 6 man crew a team. At one point we had 12 members who came with us on most of our outings. Click on the links, bam photos. If the link no longer works state that and I can change it. Simple. No need to be all triggered. At the current time I am acting more adolescent than you as I show some tolerance to others opinions. Learn some manners and respect before replying. Thank you.

ZerO81

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
How isn't this a report, I stated dangers, key features and I have given photo evidence also gave background history on the building.
Have you actually used this forum for any period of time, or have you just used it to share your 'gangs' link?

As you will see from ALL the other REPORTS on here, a report consists of:-

1. A thread with a correct title, <Site Name>, <Location>, <Month/Year of Visit>
2. Some history about the site you visited.
3. An introduction about your visit to the site.
4. Some actual photos to show where you went.

I don't see any of this on your post here, which is why it is not a report!

Also, I don't think speed was being a cunt at all, he pointed out that there are no photos on this thread and also that calling it an 'exploring team' / 'exploring crew' is pretty silly. This is not a sport, it's a hobby, you go out with a couple of people and explore abandoned buildings, it is a kind of childish term, which may give you more 'props' with your mates, but it does not really cut it here.

Final point, taking that many people to abandoned buildings is never going to end well,especially at your age, anyone who sees that many people heading into a building they are not supposed to go in is going to get you so much attention.

drhowser

Bespectacled & irrelevant
Regular User
Don't be a cunt if i'm not being a cunt to you.
I'm only saying it how it is. I have got photo's. And I would have called any 6 man crew a team. At one point we had 12 members who came with us on most of our outings. Click on the links, bam photos. If the link no longer works state that and I can change it. Simple. No need to be all triggered. At the current time I am acting more adolescent than you as I show some tolerance to others opinions. Learn some manners and respect before replying. Thank you.
First reply- link doesn't work. Perhaps you missed that?

Also, "At the current time I am acting more adolescent than you"; I'm not sure that is really what you meant to say.

Last edited:

VentureClimbing "Beta"

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Have you actually used this forum for any period of time, or have you just used it to share your 'gangs' link?

As you will see from ALL the other REPORTS on here, a report consists of:-

1. A thread with a correct title, <Site Name>, <Location>, <Month/Year of Visit>
2. Some history about the site you visited.
3. An introduction about your visit to the site.
4. Some actual photos to show where you went.

I don't see any of this on your post here, which is why it is not a report!

Also, I don't think speed was being a cunt at all, he pointed out that there are no photos on this thread and also that calling it an 'exploring team' / 'exploring crew' is pretty silly. This is not a sport, it's a hobby, you go out with a couple of people and explore abandoned buildings, it is a kind of childish term, which may give you more 'props' with your mates, but it does not really cut it here.

Final point, taking that many people to abandoned buildings is never going to end well,especially at your age, anyone who sees that many people heading into a building they are not supposed to go in is going to get you so much attention.
The links in question are in no relation the "gang", I enjoy Urbex and enjoy looking at others experiences. I do however appreciate the advice you have given so thank you for that, In my next report I will include all points. Thank you

VentureClimbing "Beta"

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
First reply- link doesn't work. Perhaps you missed that?

Also, "At the current time I am acting more adolescent than you"; I'm not sure that is really what you meant to say.
I did in fact miss the comment on the link as I have a bad habit of skim reading. Adolescent is the correct term to use in my case as I am 16, I am not a adult however I am Adolescent as I am a young adult who at the point in time was acting in a more mature way.