real time web analytics
Report - - Culter Caravan Park (Aberdeen) 27/06/07 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Culter Caravan Park (Aberdeen) 27/06/07

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Narcosynthesis

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
My first attempt to record anything for here, so go easy on me...

This site was shown to me by a friend fairly recently, as somewhere rather eerie (and a bit scary to be in at night). From what I can see it is an old Caravan/Holiday home site - lots of old built in caravans and small houses of a similar size, seemingly left to rot. There are a few plots cleared, with only a concrete foundation left, some buildings fairly badly damaged, and some looking in fairly good nick apart form peeling paint and general neglect. Apparently some still seem to have people though, There was a wee dog tied up behind one building, and there are some normal houses at the end that have people living there (one of whom drove past me as I was entering) and all the grass is nicely cut, which seems at odds to the state of most of the buildings.
Very easy to get to, being just at the edge of town, and I just drove up and parked outside the gates and wandered in as everything is open (and assumedly public land). Most of it seems in fairly good nick considering how easy it is to get to, quite a few broken windows and a few beer bottles, but no graffitti that I could see anywhere which is nice.

I haven't yet been inside any of the buildings, as I was only really exploring the area a bit and seeing what everything was like in the daylight, and going out with the new camera (a Canon 400d, which I am loving)

Some pictures for you...

Some of the buildings

IMG_0907Medium.jpg

IMG_0947Medium.jpg

IMG_0910Medium.jpg

IMG_1038Medium.jpg

IMG_0987Medium.jpg

The remains of someones bathroom

IMG_0991Medium.jpg

IMG_0988Medium.jpg

Looking into some of the buildings

IMG_1062Medium.jpg

IMG_1014Medium.jpg

IMG_1013Medium.jpg

IMG_0922Medium.jpg

IMG_0909Medium.jpg

IMG_0937Medium.jpg

A pretty interesting place for a wander, I will probably be back out sometime to have a closer look at some of the buildings and have a better look inside. So more pictures to follow whenever I get round to it (a few other places I want to investigate locally first...)

Gorecki

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Re: Culter Caravan Park (Aberdeen) 27/06/07 - REPORT

went here yesterday on my own in the pouring rain ...

it is such a weird place, and yes, the grass and the hedges were perfectly trimmed again.

a car actually drove past me with an old man glaring at me so i got into my car and drove down the path to turn and i seen him park outside a caravan further down the road so i drove past it, wheelie bin outside and a bunch of flowers in the window ... and sure enough this guy is living there. perhaps he is the mysterious gardner. he didnt seem to mind me being there at all, so i parked the car again and took more pics =]

car16.jpg

car3.jpg

car6.jpg

car15.jpg

car11.jpg

car18.jpg

car14.jpg

car19.jpg

car8.jpg

car1.jpg

A

Alir147

Re: Culter Caravan Park (Aberdeen) 27/06/07 - REPORT

I took my little bro up here as part of a promise I made to take him round some of the best derelict places nearby to us. This was my first visit to this site and what totally struck me was the scale of the place! It really is pretty big - I'd say around about 50 caravans perhaps! A really interesting and unusual find nacrosynthesis so thanks for this! :thumb

Whilst we were there, the old man was out cutting the grass AGAIN! :crazy When he saw us he came over and just looked - then kept on going. I think he never stops cutting the grass. All your photos show it neat - yet yesterday, there he was again, cutting bits that already looked fine!

Here's 1 or 2 of my photos I took...

Cultercaravanpark003a.jpg

Cultercaravanpark018.jpg

Cultercaravanpark036.jpg

Cultercaravanpark022a.jpg

Cultercaravanpark028.jpg