real time web analytics
Report - - Dalton Mill Workshop, Keighley - May 2021 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Dalton Mill Workshop, Keighley - May 2021

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Brassneck

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
We explored this workshop on a nice summers day. Although there is a lot to look at around Dalton mill, having never been before, we decided to focus our efforts on the mechanical workshop. After a brisk walk through a woods that has taken over the old weaving sheds, we soon entered the mill and passed some pretty ‘interesting’ sites while navigating to the workshop from the past horror film sets that were based in the mill a few years ago. For a popular location this place was absolutely stunning, very rare to see a beautiful belt fed workshop nowadays.. after getting our photos we soon left after hearing noises from the yard behind. I visited myself a couple years later only to find the space completely burnt out. Sad I’ll never get to see the main mill now, but, there is still a lot more to go at on-site nobody has ever done (including an old engine shed)! Will be returning. I believe the workshop was for mechanical maintenance when looms and over machinery were in place around the mill and weaving sheds (the workshop probably made shafts etc for replacement) - so there is no surprise how depilated it looked, definitely closed for a while.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG
5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG

11.JPG

12.JPG

dansgas1000

28DL Regular User
Regular User
As the saying goes, good things come in small packages. That's absolutely beautiful and you've captured it well. I think I could easily spend a couple of hours in there with the camera.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Nice way to open your account. Well done. Good images, lots to see there.