real time web analytics
Report - - Dalton Mills, Keighley, September 2009 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Dalton Mills, Keighley, September 2009

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
Only a small repot today, not sure this amount of photos even constitues one! Can't remember much about this place but kinda thinking we got busted hence lack of many photos. Was an absolute beauty inside with some pretty special ironwork. The old engineering workshop was proper time warp stuff too.

The site of Dalton Mills dates as far back as the mid 18th century. The current buildings were built in the late 19th century. Dalton Mills, named after a former manager of the mill, is located on the easterly side of Keighley. Evidence suggests it was still in partial use as a woollen mill right up to the late 1980’s. Part of the site has now been converted as part of a £24m redevelopment project. The site featured in the BBC drama ‘North & South’ – it was portrayed as ‘Marlborough Mills’

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Cracking ironwork there. That 3rd from end shot is superb. Really like this. Shame you got busted :(

dave

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
More happy memories thanks for posting this. Looking at the workshop area i wished i'd spent more time in there. Not forgetting the basement with the body on the slab at the time i got a shock as i had forgotten it was just a film prop or something if i recall.

Seffy

Staff member
Luvuuurly jubburrrrly mate - it's not at all about the amount of photos if you ask me, and that's deffo enough to constitute a report anyway :)