real time web analytics
Report - - Daviot Estate asylum - ward block, Aberdeenshire - Boxing day 2007 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Daviot Estate asylum - ward block, Aberdeenshire - Boxing day 2007

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

A

Alir147

Ok folks, this is the quickest explore I have ever done, due to the fact I was in a major rush to get home (after looking at another site) and my girlfriend was waiting in the car!! So basically a point and click at as much as possible type job! :rolleyes:

The Daviot estate asylum was massive in it's day!! An estate with castle and everything all dedicated to this institution. Unfortunately, EVERYTHING (even the boiler house [chimney intact]) is converted - apart from this one rather large building...

From the back

DAVIOTMENTALHOSPITALBLOCK003.jpg

Round at the front

DAVIOTMENTALHOSPITALBLOCK010.jpg

DAVIOTMENTALHOSPITALBLOCK009.jpg

DAVIOTMENTALHOSPITALBLOCK013.jpg

A ward

DAVIOTMENTALHOSPITALBLOCK005.jpg

DAVIOTMENTALHOSPITALBLOCK038.jpg

DAVIOTMENTALHOSPITALBLOCK015.jpg

windows above the staircase

DAVIOTMENTALHOSPITALBLOCK024.jpg

DAVIOTMENTALHOSPITALBLOCK029.jpg

possible records room?

DAVIOTMENTALHOSPITALBLOCK031.jpg

DAVIOTMENTALHOSPITALBLOCK036.jpg

DAVIOTMENTALHOSPITALBLOCK041.jpg

This picture doesn't do the reception area justice - it's seriously nice. Fancy panneling etc.

DAVIOTMENTALHOSPITALBLOCK017.jpg

Not particualarly massive - but a nice 'rememenant' of one of Aberdeenshire's few remaining old hospitals. :cool:

Talking of which... GET TO KINGSEAT ASAP IF YOU WANT TO SEE IT! I went today - and it's trully on its last legs. :thumb

S

sellers

For bieng a quick visit youve certainly got some cracking photos. The staircase and reception look really impressive.:cool:

A

Alir147

Cheers guys. Haha! :D Running only about 15 mins late - the girlfriend was actually pretty calm (:eek: ) and I was legging it round in there - whilst also being sly - you see, the rest of the complex is now MASSIVE fancy houses -so you can't be too obvious!

I had said it was gonna be an external shots only place... but I couldn't resist!

As always - I have quite a few more shots on my flickr account (see below) if anyone's interested.

A

Alir147

Yeah it's in really good nick! Might head back as I only saw 10 - 15 minutes worth of the place! I found this website that has old photos of other parts of the complex!

The first photo is the building I was in today (and the only remaining derelict part apart from the greenhouses!)...

The Merits Of Custom Built Homes

turns out this was the Male hospital for the site!

M

MonkeyGirl

Wow nice, I love looking at old photos! If only all places took the time to take some pics back in the day. It's great seeing what they once were

A

Alir147

Yeah Monkey girl - it would be amazing to see more of these places as they were!

Thanks wolfism! I am almost totally sure I didn't miss anything! This is only because when someone first mentioned it - I went to have a good look round the complex in the courtesy car. went to every bit I could and what hadn't been demolished was all renovated. The big house is certainly lived in - however from a distance there's a wing that looks slightly empty??? I wouldn't even bother as this would literally be someone's house.

You never know though! I'd love to think there was more left! Today was my second visit - and first time inside the building!

And the greenhouses look pretty run down - however they're like the focal point of a newly built street. And at the end of the day, due to the nature of a greenhouse - no point going inside really anyway! :rolleyes:

Gorecki

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Awesome!! :thumb
Looks half decent still. Nice find =]

Went to Kingseat yesterday with my MOTHER of all people - well she did ask - super easy to get in but construction going on everywhere AND kids seemed to be outside playing with their santa toys. I noticed about 4 buildings left.

OOH Ali, I also went to that place on the way to Newmachar on the left hand side - you know it looks like a house with a bridge going to nowhere on the top? I have NO idea what it is, but I went into one room on the bottom and its full of controls, then mamma was looking a bit wary, so I didn't venture more... :tumbleweed

Gorecki

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hehe...
Mamma Gorecki did a great job yesterday chauffering me about the countryside looking for abandonment :D

Narcosynthesis

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Awesome!! :thumb
Looks half decent still. Nice find =]

Went to Kingseat yesterday with my MOTHER of all people - well she did ask - super easy to get in but construction going on everywhere AND kids seemed to be outside playing with their santa toys. I noticed about 4 buildings left.

OOH Ali, I also went to that place on the way to Newmachar on the left hand side - you know it looks like a house with a bridge going to nowhere on the top? I have NO idea what it is, but I went into one room on the bottom and its full of controls, then mamma was looking a bit wary, so I didn't venture more... :tumbleweed

Myself and Ali went for a looksy around Kingseat today, and a failed attempt to find Udny ROC - report on Kingseat to come when I get the pictures processed :)

That building has had me intrigued for years now... it looks like there is a long run up to the top of the bridge section, which then just stops - We were going to have a look but ran out of time on the way back.

That is rather cool getting your mum out, mine just gives me that dissaproving-but-not-going-to-say-too-much look every time I have been heading out :rolleyes:

A

Alir147

Cheers for the replies guys and girls.

That's ace that your mum came with you! :thumb

Great minds think alike Gorecki!! :D I actually headed to kingseat yesterday as well with Rach but didn't stop by. That's why we headed over to Daviot. All part of my extremely rushed tour!! However - Narco and myself decided to go for Kingseat after midnight last night and went up in the early morning!!

There is more to see than you'd think - but seriously going fast! I'l put up my photos real soon and I'm sure Narcosynthesis will put his on as well! :thumb