real time web analytics
Report - - Dawson Fabrics Ltd, Skelmanthorpe - March 2018 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Dawson Fabrics Ltd, Skelmanthorpe - March 2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Brewtal

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Visited with @jsp77 and prettyvacant71 back in March. We spent 24 hours in here, utilising the freely available rolls of fabric to create some damn comfy bedding for the night. This place was great to photograph.

History:

Built in 1770 by William Marsden who's daughter married Richard Field who then traded there for a number of years until forming the partnership of Field & Bottrill in the 1880's. Now Dawson Fabrics Ltd. The company name Dawson Fabrics closed the doors at Greenside Mill sometime in the late millennium years with the loss of 70 jobs. Administrators from Leicestershire insolvency were called and are now handling the company affairs. The company was said to be doing well with orders from high street stores such as Marks & Spencer. Dawson Fabrics were making fleecing for jackets and blankets. The company closed it's premises on Wakefield Rd in 2000 with a loss of 60+ jobs to focus on their other sites including Greenside Mill. Outline planning for 149 houses have been submitted with

a demolition order which was denied but as recently been re-submitter with agreed amendments.

Because of the length of time we spent here, I left with a fucking hefty amount of pics. I wont go overboard with them, but I will include the link to the album on Imgur at the end. I weeded it down to a mere 167, so the album will give you a bit of a virtual tour of the place.

wEsDSnYh.jpg

Nn7MwJQh.jpg

WmI4xQPh.jpg

JLmBmZHh.jpg

2m1Zld9h.jpg

OlpvteCh.jpg

fG1YWu3h.jpg

qC0LlFah.jpg

PE22K2Wh.jpg

Zv9Quvsh.jpg

t8RI5Wfh.jpg

kAnUc8Vh.jpg

xRMhV8Hh.jpg

tjxP5avh.jpg

SnZ4RFth.jpg

79nCHo0h.jpg

9PaNOoTh.jpg

wGzPlbah.jpg

v3mi6PYh.jpg

xoHK0KWh.jpg

mZU2HPCh.jpg

DgZfyEAh.jpg

JuzP2MQh.jpg

UHx8YUlh.jpg

sLbnParh.jpg

5rxXY8Ah.jpg

EQdth8Oh.jpg

xVd4mtOh.jpg

RsVA5Xah.jpg

L

little_ boy_explores

Fantastic, love this place... probably one of my favourites, the boiler house is amazing isn't it

L

little_ boy_explores

Yeah the boiler house was incredible. This place has it all!

Shame its getting demolished, found this on a lamp-post near by a couple days ago when i last went...

1544112370712.png

Brewtal

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Shame its getting demolished, found this on a lamp-post near by a couple days ago when i last went...

1544112370712.png
That's a shame. So its still doable then? Last I heard (ages ago) they put new cameras up etc. and it was sealed up. No plans to revisit myself as I saw the whole place, but it would be good if others got to see it before its too late.

L

little_ boy_explores

That's a shame. So its still doable then? Last I heard (ages ago) they put new cameras up etc. and it was sealed up. No plans to revisit myself as I saw the whole place, but it would be good if others got to see it before its too late.

without giving the entrance away, its still doable...