real time web analytics
Report - - Dead babies in jars bit grim, Belgium - May 2015 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Dead babies in jars bit grim, Belgium - May 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

PROJ3CTM4YH3M

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ok something verging on the controversial… most of you will have seen them posted on faceboom a while back, I couldnt find them on the forums, not sure if due to them breaking some rules or if just no-one posted them but either way I assumed some might want a look.

They are public on my site but again due to the nature of the photos I'll stick them in here if admin want to delete them or move to public then feel free.

The so called “Little Miracles” are a collection of deceased babies stored presumably in formaldehyde, they were supposedly donated for medical research and further examination. Whilst the majority appeared to be normal in appearance there were a handful which featured deformities and most were scarred with incision marks where they had received autopsies. I appreciate that some may find these images disturbing but please bear in mind that these unfortunate young souls who never had the opportunity to have a life of their own, through the research upon their bodies, they undoubtedly helped save countless other lives.

Presumably due to advances in technology and training methods these specimens were no longer required for regular use and ended up being stored in a dark corner of a partly disused building gathering dust. I’m reliably informed that after receiving a little too much attention the babies have been moved to another location and remain safe and secure.

LM-1.jpg

LM-2.jpg

LM-3.jpg

LM-4.jpg

LM-5.jpg

LM-6.jpg

LM-7.jpg

LM-8.jpg

LM-9.jpg

LM-10.jpg

LM-11.jpg

LM-12.jpg

LM-13.jpg

LM-14.jpg

LM-15.jpg

LM-16.jpg

Right im off to eat some pickled eggs... Nom!

Will Knot

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Great report and well captured....I'll leave the politics to others!
Thanks for sharin'

Els

Obsessed with BS7671
Regular User
Yea I mean I like it, I often go to the Hunterian Museum if I get a bit bored at lunch time which is much the same kind of thing, but I'm not really sure if it's urban exploration per se. I suppose the main thing is, and I sure hope your right, that they have been moved "off limits". I mean you wouldn't want local kids showing up and fucking about etc.

PROJ3CTM4YH3M

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The building was abandoned but within a live complex. There was still power and some parts were used for storage (mostly the basement) There were some bits of decay in parts where as other areas looked very recently used. The Jars themselves were in a really odd area... There was a lecture theatre semi-circle design and a corridor which was also semi-circular running around it one side led down to other rooms but the other had a wierd makeshift timber door frame and a door which were clearly additions to the main design. Funny thing was the panels didnt go all the way to the ceiling so when you hopped over you were confronted with a small room made up of part of the corridor lined with shelves full of jars then it went around the corner and there were another 50-60 jars i would estimate but we didnt have time to shoot them all.

Not sure how you define urban exploration suppose this was more infiltration but it wasnt with permission and the building was out of daily use. As usual, some idiot didnt know the access so made their own, this was quickly spotted and when they realised what people had been targeting to photograph, the Jars were promptly moved. I've seen a photo since they were moved so I know its accurate and based upon the amount of dust surrounding some of the jars I'd say before that they had been there for quite sometime locked away.

BrainL

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Seen these posted about before.. always made me quite sad to see them but your little write up showed so much respect its the best way I've seen these posted mate.. I bet it was even stranger being there in person with them but you're right, the research from these kind of experiments must have saved countless lives!

Kaplan

Procrastinator
28DL Full Member
Grim as fuck.

Nice to see a different kind of "infiltration". Good stuff. Won't be looking back at this report again myself like lol.

elhomer12

Maglite size T-rex, It's time for urbex!
28DL Full Member
Well this is certainly different to say the least...

zombizza

Sore Knee
Regular User
These sorts of specimens are actually quite common place. My medical school had a rather large collection for the students to use, for example.
I don't think its a particularly modern practice and most of these specimens are quite old probably dating any time up to the 70s and 80s. Modern technology has really replaced the need for these types of materials with computer generated learning materials, and I think they are now a bit of history. These ones you show are certainly not normal babies.

PROJ3CTM4YH3M

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Seen these posted about before.. always made me quite sad to see them but your little write up showed so much respect its the best way I've seen these posted mate.. I bet it was even stranger being there in person with them but you're right, the research from these kind of experiments must have saved countless lives!

Cheers, I actually toyed with not posting them personally but then after a bit of thought and finding the right words to put with them I felt they were worth the share. Bizarrely interesting to shoot but also a bit of a rough sight at 7am I glad I got the chance to see them

Grim as fuck.

Nice to see a different kind of "infiltration". Good stuff. Won't be looking back at this report again myself like lol.

Cheers I dont blame you they are a bit rough

These sorts of specimens are actually quite common place. My medical school had a rather large collection for the students to use, for example.
I don't think its a particularly modern practice and most of these specimens are quite old probably dating any time up to the 70s and 80s. Modern technology has really replaced the need for these types of materials with computer generated learning materials, and I think they are now a bit of history. These ones you show are certainly not normal babies.

Yeah, I am aware of a couple of others overseas too, photos have surfaced from Germany and France but similar sort of deal with the infiltrations. I think these ones were originally found by a student who was having a poke around one of the disused buildings at the medical school

Best thread title of 2016?

Bizarre photos.

Haha I call it as i see it :D

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
They are public on my site but again due to the nature of the photos I'll stick them in here if admin want to delete them or move to public then feel free.

I used to think they were really disrespectful, but I'm not bothered any more. Go public if you want. I mean they're all over facebook and the whole world and his website. Your shout.

PROJ3CTM4YH3M

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I used to think they were really disrespectful, but I'm not bothered any more. Go public if you want. I mean they're all over facebook and the whole world and his website. Your shout.

Fine with me I just though safer to stick here and let you lot decide :)

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Yeah, really no point in hiding this lot in NP

a.) considering they are no longer there

b.) been all over farcebook for time

It's a bit like me trying to hide turds in NP, like nobody has ever seen one :D