real time web analytics
Report - - Denbigh Mental Hospital - December 2014 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Denbigh Mental Hospital - December 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

GRONK

Useful Idiot
Regular User
The North Wales Hospital - December 2014​

This was my first visit to Denbigh and I started the day in 'fear' of how it would pan out. :p: Here is a bit of history about the hospital from Wikipedia: The North Wales Hospital (locally known as Denbigh Mental or Denbigh Asylum)[1] is a Grade II listed building. Designed by architect Thomas Full James, building started in 1844 and completed in 1848. Once a hospital for people with psychiatric illnesses, at its maximum capacity it could house 200 patients. It is located in Denbigh, Denbighshire, Wales.

Sadly I only managed to explore a small section of the grounds, just due to the size of the complex and the amount of daylight left. :mad I was really surprised to see just how dilapidated sections had become, I've seen other reports but nothing really hits you harder then just how damaged this historic building is. I'm really gutted that I didn't manage to have a look around the nurses' home (featured in the top photo). But that's just an excuse for another visit. Most of the site is in a state of disrepair and a shadow of its former self, non of the original signage still exists so identifying the different rooms isn't easy. An issue that I encountered was that when trying to take photos of the front of the hospital and the nurses home the sun was so low in the sky, making it really hard to get good externals.

IMG_0388_zps8b9f94e6.jpg

Photo: Nurses Home

IMG_0277_zps1b5b08d3.jpg

Photo: Hospital Chapel

IMG_0289_zpsb19ed2e2.jpg

Photo: Inside the Chapel

IMG_0298_zpsf08d7d2c.jpg

Photo: Inside the hospital Morgue

IMG_0308_zpsfbd18c22.jpg [/URL}
Photo: Unidentified Corridor

IMG_0352_zps77b64b7c.jpg
Photo: Collapsing roof

IMG_0367_zpse6e5c787.jpg
Photo: A Ward in South West section of hospital

IMG_0356_zps38a02e81.jpg
Photo: Another ward in the South West section of the hospital

IMG_0369_zpsc131b6b7.jpg
Photo: It's a sign

IMG_0377_zps52d47e3c.jpg
Photo: Strange device

IMG_0343_zps5fb93ffe.jpg
Photo: Telecom pannel

IMG_0402_zps9a71fc2f.jpg
Photo: View down the main drive

Camera Used: Canon EOS 30D

Last edited:

slayaaaa

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice one mate, love that front building, thrilled to know it's part of the re-developement. Cheers for sharing! :)

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
I'd say you did alright there mate, it's a nice candid report that shows the place exactly as it is, which is just the way we like it.

Lavino

28DL Full Member
Good pics .. At least you managed see the yvette fielding is a cunt . That photos getting famous now I wonder if sees see it haha.

Session9

A life backwards
28DL Full Member
Looking good. See the morgue has gained a new 'slab' in the form of a piece of metal used to serve sausage rolls on :)

Bigian88

The Massive Mancunian
28DL Full Member
I assume he removed one from the fridge area and put it on the slab for the purpose of the photo