real time web analytics
Report - - Dennis Ruabon Tile Works, Stoke, July 2009 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Dennis Ruabon Tile Works, Stoke, July 2009

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

E

edition25

This is my first report, so please be nice :) Comments and critisism welcome ( i need to learn somehow )

Ive lived by Dennis Ruabon all my life, but never felt the requirment to visit. Rumour has it that security only work at night and on the weekend, and there are only 4 remaining members of staff. I did bump into one of the tile store workmen, and he told me a few interesting parts of the site visit...he didnt seem all that interested as to why I was there.

Heres a brief history lesson.....
Originally founded by the famous local entrepreneur, Henry Dennis, in 1878 when vast amounts of high quality Etruria Marl clay were discovered in Ruabon. The site was the largest of its kind and constructed immediately adjacent to the clay reserves. An innovation at the time was an endless chain tramway, driven by steam power. This fed the clay directly to the works delivering it at the exact locations required, the same pure Welsh clay is used to the present day.

Heres and old advertisement along with and old pic.....
history1.jpg

moc1v.jpg

Onto the tour
1-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

I climbed the tower, but didnt feel all that safe, so took a quick pic and climbed down
10.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

2-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

7-1.jpg

8-1.jpg

9.jpg

5-1.jpg

6-1.jpg