real time web analytics
Report - - Derelict Wine Warehouse- November 2017 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Derelict Wine Warehouse- November 2017

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Explored UK

Banned
Banned
History!

Although not much is known on the history of this wine factory, it's documented that the former name was 'The Wine Warehouse' and that demolition began no later then May of 2016, and had slowed down by October of the same year. This was due to further talks into what could be built which meant part of the former warehouse still stands. Plans had been discussed in June 2017 which would see this eyesore turned into an 18-storey tower for Gateshead College students to stay. This plan would see 142 apartments and 244 studio apartments, as well as a café-bar, gym, retail unit and car parking all built.

More info can be found here;

+https://www.insidermedia.com/insider/northeast/revised-plans-revealed-for-18-storey-gateshead-tower

+http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/business/business-news/gateshead-skyscraper-set-double-size-13280309

+http://myserviceplanning.gateshead....j.pdf?DocNo=19460574&PageNo=1&content=obj.pdf

My version of events!

So I'll start by saying this; I wasn't meant to do this place, I just accidentally came across it partly demo'd and though fuck it I'll do it.

After a hard day of school I decided to let myself relax and spend the evening walking around random places and having a laugh with a mate. After walking back up from the Quayside I spotted this place and convinced her to do it with me. After waiting for 5 minutes to make sure no cars saw us, we slipped in quietly, over all the rubble that covers the ground. After spending a good half an hour here, we slipped back out. Only to be seen by police that happened to be passing. Eurgh :confused:

Pictures!

1_editc07a1.jpg

3_edit6e174.jpg

4_edit9da05.jpg

5_edit939fe.jpg

7_edit4cc10.jpg

8_edit69388.jpg

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
I like the fact you got out and did it. Well done for that. :thumb As you say shame the photos werent better. But we all live and learn mate .

stranton

subterranean explorer
Regular User
we really don't need an 18 storey tower block in the middle of the city,
i've seen the plans its bloody hideous.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Not sure it should be in Leisure though. Industrial I would of thought

albino-jay

g00n Buster
Staff member
good to see you FINALLY do a report.

but without sounding too much a cunt.

Really? do 5 potato inspired photos warrant a report? we can't see bugger all of the building.

Explored UK

Banned
Banned
good to see you FINALLY do a report.

but without sounding too much a cunt.

Really? do 5 potato inspired photos warrant a report? we can't see bugger all of the building.

Nothing much there to start with to be fair -- doesn't help I didn't even have a torch, only my phone